With how the break worked out this year we started back right after the New Year but because of the snow we had a crazy first week back. The first day back was a late start. My parents needed to borrow the truck, so Matthew dropped me off at work and then they used the truck to run their errands… they had to pick me back up since they were still out and about when I got off at 4:00. The next couple days were cancelled so I didn’t have to worry about getting a ride to work and I was able to go with Matthew to drop my parents off at the airport. It was fun having them in town for a couple of weeks. Rumor has it they are not coming back next Christmas… I can’t blame them after all the snowy weather we had this year.
Work has been crazy with staff and students being out. Over the break the Omnicron version of Covid spread rapidly. I know more people that have been sick in the last few months than I did the first few years. Every day I have to figure out what staff members are going to work with each student. We continue to be surviving the year on absent students each day. I’m not sure what we would do if every student was present all week. On top of the craziness of the regular day, I also am taking on the testing for the ELL students. So, I’ve started with the preparation for the tests.
The following weekend was insanely
busy. I cleaned the bathtub to re-caulk
it, organized a kitchen cupboard, emptied the freezer, de-iced it and restocked
it, helped Matthew with his new safe, did lots of laundry, cleaned the bathroom
and kitchen... Plus a few other things. Afterwards, I was exhausted and spent
some much-needed time in my massage chair.
I started the work week tired but feeling good about all that I had
accomplished.
The following weekend, I decided to
relax and take a break. I spent most of
the time watching football. There were
some crazy playoff games on, so it was a lot of fun to watch. I don’t remember so many exciting playoff
games that lasted to the last minute as this year. Of course, this was the weekend that I threw
out my back. I woke up Monday morning not being able to move. Before work, I headed to the chiropractor. I spent Monday and Tuesday bearing through
the pain and staying on my feet all day at work. Any time I would sit for more
than 15 minutes, my back would be extremely sore when I got back up. On Wednesday, I woke up at 3:00am unable to walk
back from the bathroom without Matthew’s help.
I decided that I needed to take the day off and Matthew brought me to
the chiropractor. He saw me walking in
from the car and knew I was in bad shape.
He told me to also take Thursday off.
This was the first time ever I had to see him every day during the week.
This weekend, I tried to mix in getting
the house clean and resting my back. I
did my regular cleaning and prepared a couple meals but in between every
activity, I would have to lay down and ice my back. I might have overdone it a bit on Saturday, so
I rested even more on Sunday. Of course,
the championship games being on helped me to relax. Once again, the games were a bit crazy…
unfortunately the Chiefs lost to the Bengals, but the Rams were able to beat
the 49’s at the end. Both of the games
were very exciting to the last minute.
Hopefully the Super Bowl will be just as exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment