Living Life...

Living Life...

Thursday, February 20, 2020

Continuing the Celebration… Salish Lodge..!

Those who know us well… know that one of our favorite places to go is Snoqualmie Falls… in fact, it was where we had our first date as a family.  We were pleasantly surprised when one of Matthew’s birthday gifts was a one night stay at the Salish Lodge.  Since I had the week off work we decided to take advantage one of the sunny days and book our reservation.


Views from right outside our room... 





Unfortunately, Matthew forgot his wheelchair so we had to be creative about when we would go take pictures at the waterfall.  Since we have lots of day time pictures and I have never been there at night we opted to do night photos.  I made a trip by myself to make sure there would be light and the photos would turn out so it wasn’t a wasted walk for him.  

Snoqualmie Falls at sunset and after dark... 



Enjoying our dinner... 


Obligatory pictures with Matthew & the Falls... it was COLD..!


We had upgraded our room so we could have a tub to soak in instead of paying for the sauna… so after dinner we enjoyed our own spa like experience in the room.  It was very relaxing and enjoyable.  

Relaxing with a fire... 

The food was expensive but delicious… thankfully the gift we received covered the majority of the cost of the food… so we just ended up paying a small portion.  Of course, I enjoyed being able to enjoy by breakfast in bed before heading out for the day.  

Yummy breakfast in bed... 


Overall it was an amazing experiencing… I don’t think we would have thought to stay the night there if it hadn’t been for the gift… but I treasure our memories.  It was definitely a once-in-a-lifetime-experience.  

No comments: