Working with youth there are always a few that you make a
stronger connection with. For me it was
my D-Group girls… I spent hours with them so much so that a few of them will
call Matthew up to just talk to him and ask for a “father’s” advice. I still have girls from years past that I now
just consider my friends… most are now married with children… whether living here
in Washington or Argentina… there are the few that I know that I will remain
connected to for life.
Of course, there are a few of the guys that Matthew mentored
that have become a part of our family as well.
We had to say “Goodbye” to two of them on the same day. Alex decided to return to New Zealand for
another mission trip… this time for just over a year. Garit, on the other hand, got a job in North Dakota
so he packed up and drove over.
Before the guys left town, they came over to visit… on the same
day. We spent so much time with these
guys… youth events, going camping, hanging out at the house… they were like sons
to us. It is exciting to see what God is
doing in their life and how they are maturing and growing but also hard to see
them go away at the same time. While I
know that their parents miss them dearly; they also took a piece of our hearts
with them. I know God has big plans for both
their lives and I know this goodbye isn’t forever… so until we see you
again. We love you Alex and Garit.
Matthew with Garit and Alex...
They never go hungry with us...
One last selfie with "G"
No comments:
Post a Comment