Living Life...

Living Life...

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Fall is Flying by…!

I am not sure why I expected things to slow down once I wasn’t in school… but that has not been the case… I am still as busy as ever and time is flying by.  It didn’t help that I ended up getting sick for a couple weeks which drained my energy.  Work has been crazy trying to stay on top of my IEP’s, creating data sheets, going to a two-day conference in Olympia, preparing lesson plans, and all the other details that go into teaching. 

In the midst of the craziness… there have been lots of fun things going on.  Naome and I have been leading a study on comparison with our D-Group girls.  It is called Rachel & Leah - What Two Sisters Teach Us about Combating Comparison by Nicki Koziarz.  A couple of days it has been nice enough to go outside and do my Bible study which has been wonderful.  Of course, on game day I made sure to have time for both.  I know that I have been learning a lot through this study and I pray that the girls can learn and apply the lesson to their lives at such a young age.  

Quiet time with the Lord... 

Enjoying the Seahawks Game...

Matthew and I decided to go to the Love and Respect conference at our church and it was the best decision we could have made.  I feel like we have been on the crazy too often lately.  I took this course years ago (when I was single) with the young families Sunday School class.  It was a great reminder about how men and women think and react different.  While we don’t have it all figured out… it has definitely led to some good conversations and I know God will continue to mold and challenge us in our own areas.  I know for my part, I have a lot to learn about how what I say and do can affect Matthew and am learning to show him the respect that he not only desires but needs.  

Love and Respect Conference with Matthew

Lots of time laughing... 


What a Great Conference... Highly Recommended..!

Abby & David came and sat at our table... 


The following weekend we were able to celebrate Jonathan’s birthday watching the Seahawks win the Lions.  After Sunday School we headed over to the house to enjoy the game, visiting friends and family, and good food.  The kids had fun carving pumpkins and most of the women visiting during the game.  I of course, stayed with the men in the game room.  

Carving Pumpkins.. 

David was harassed all day for wearing his Lions shirt... 

Celebrating his birthday

Happy birthday Little Man... 

No comments: