Living Life...

Living Life...

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Weekend Away with the Women…!

Matthew really wanted me to get away and rest, so he told me to sign up for the Women’s Retreat and leave my homework behind.  Thankfully, I was all caught up on the homework for one of my classes and only had my Master Project to work on with no deadlines, so I was able to comply with his request… I took Friday off work and headed out for a weekend of fun… and “rest” not the type where you sleep but the type where you don’t work on homework…!

I was super excited when I found out my roommates for the weekend were going to be my high school/college age friends (Katie, Fawn, and Jaelynn plus one of Jaelynn’s friends – Lisa).  We had two side-by-side cabins to share and spent the weekend having out own mini reunion.  It was just what I needed. 

We were able to carpool up to Bellingham as a group and make a couple stops along the way.  Thankfully we decided to stop at the tulip festival on the way up on Friday instead of waiting until Sunday since traffic was a lot worse getting off the exit on Sunday afternoon.  The flowers were beautiful, and we found a quaint little restaurant for lunch. 

Katie, Jaelynn, Lisa, Fawn, and Me

A mini reunion with these ladies... 

Enjoying the flowers... 


The whole weekend we spent visiting and catching up on life… there was lots of laughter and sharing our struggles and hurts in life and then more laughter.  We stayed up late into the night both days just talking…


On Saturday, we were able to find a small waterfall just down the street… those who know me, know that I absolutely LOVE waterfalls… so this was the perfect treat for me… I then treated myself to a chai tea for the afternoon and spent a couple hours working on a puzzle with a handful of ladies.  We ended up finishing the puzzle just before dinner.  

Saturday afternoon fun... 

Love the view of the waterfall... 

Fun catching up with Fawn... and enjoying God's beauty

Lots of laughter with these ladies... 

Meeting new people working on a puzzle... 

Chai Tea in the woods... 

I did spend time with some of the other ladies throughout the weekend.  On Friday night I was able to play games (Air hockey, carpet ball, etc.) Susan and Danielle.  During meals we sat with random groups to get to know them a bit more.  Of course, one of my favorites was making smores around the campfire on Saturday night and visiting in groups. 


The messages were simple yet spoke to my heart.  The topics were the themes for the year: Pause, Savor and Celebrate.  We talked what that looked like both in terms of our relationships with other women but also in our relationship with the Lord…!   

Chocolate caramel smores... yummm..

Laughter in the room... all night long

Katie and I were roommates... so much fun

Love these quotes...!

Definitely a weekend to celebrate..!

No comments: