My para-educators surprised
me at work on the Friday before Spring Break with a party for my birthday… we celebrated
with food and an easy day since we were down a few students. What a perfect way to start Spring Break. I am so looking forward to next year when Spring
break actually means that I get a break… but unfortunately this year I will be
busy with doctor appointments for Matthew and working on my master project.
I spent all day Saturday
in class but thankfully we only had to go to the Sammamish campus. Tracy of course announced to the class that
it was my birthday… and another classmate brought donuts, so I splurged and ate
1/3 of a donut in honor of my birthday. It
was fun catching up with everyone and celebrating passing my edTPA with my
classmates… Most of the class didn’t apply to me since I was finished with my
edTPA so I was able to do some work on my bibliography for my master project
during class.
Happy Birthday to Me...
On my birthday
Matthew was able to go with me to church for the first time in a couple
months. It was really good to have him
there with me. We spend the day relaxing
and watching a series on Netflix. That
evening we went out to dinner with my parents at Red Robin where I was able to
enjoy a burger and fries… I even splurged when we got home and had a small ice
cream Sunday. It wasn’t a huge
celebration, but it was enough… I am blessed with the friends and family that I
have and all the Facebook and text messages I received. Matthew spoiled me once again with presents
of course… shopping spree at Kohls, chain for my cross necklace, and new Birkenstocks.
Birthday Dinner at Red Robins...
The first couple days
of the week was full of appointments for Matthew. Between seeing various doctors and meeting with
the lawyer for court I stayed super busy.
I went into the week not looking forward to spending my spring break
having to go to court but glad that at least I didn’t have to take work off to
go… but after getting such good news it was probably the highlight of my
week. Of course, I was overwhelmed by the
love and support from everyone who read my blog post. I am still in shock that it is all over and I
know that it doesn’t resolve Matthew’s medical issues, but it will relief some of
the stress we’ve been dealing with.
The last few days I
spent working on my Master project. At
first, I was overwhelmed with the immensity of the project. I worked on small things like formatting the
paper, creating the bibliography, finding articles, etc. I continued to have writers block, so I spent
the next couple days just reading articles and highlighting quotes I thought
were important. Finally, today my thoughts
cleared up and I was able to write again.
I know that I have many days ahead of me working on this project, but I finally
see the light at the end of the tunnel.
This week I even registered for the graduation hooding ceremony in June.
Working on my Master Project...
This spring break may
not have been full of fun… I may not have been able to go anywhere on vacation…
but it was still a much needed break from work… and I look forward to future
years when I won’t have to worry about homework anymore..!
No comments:
Post a Comment