This has been an
insanely busy season of life, but one filled with many blessings. Along with the trials, God always provides
times of joy and peace. I think that is
one reason I have been able to continue along with as much faith and strength
as I have.
I don’t often share the
difficult things that are going on in my life because I don’t like dwelling in
the trials… I don’t like focusing on the difficulties. I think to some extent it is one of my faults
because I live life pretending as if nothing is going on. I talk to a handful of people but for the
most part I stuff it all down and pretend like nothing is happening. I know that it frustrates the heck out of
Matthew.
In fact, I bury
myself in my homework to avoid the pain, the fear, the frustrations of everything
else. I have become a pro at holding it
all in and pretending that I am invincible and managing fine. One of these days I may crack under the
pressures of life… or maybe I will learn to work through it all… we shall
see.
I found out that my
Grandma had passed away as we were coming back from vacation… the next morning
we got up early to head to the hospital for Matthew’s seizure study. He has been having symptoms that appear to be
seizures where he is unresponsive for a time and that wanted to see what was
going on. My anxiety was through the
roof during the study and I was emotionally drained for losing my Grandma… but
I didn’t want to cry… I didn’t want to lose it at the hospital where Matthew
was being recorded for three days… so instead, I shoved my emotions down and
focused my energy on my edTPA. I used
all that pent-up emotions to complete my final “assessment” to get my teaching
certificate. It was a TON of work, but I
had three full days stuck in a hospital room.
Working on my edTPA at the hospital...
I was very relieved
at the end of the study when we found out that Matthew was not having seizures…
it sucks that the stress of fighting the system (L&I and Social Security) is
affecting him to the point that his mind shuts down which is why it appears as
if he is having seizures. We still don’t
have all the answers to all of this symptoms but at least his brain is not being “fried” by these
episodes.
I was also very relieved
when I finished my edTPA and submitted it for review… but of course anxious to
have to wait the three weeks to get the results… I had plenty to keep me busy
though… Matthew went in for his Carpal tunnel and Cubital tunnel surgery, so I
took a couple days off work to care for him and then set him up with home
health PT services. I finished up the
quarter at school and completed all my homework assignments for my last master’s
class. I worked like crazy to set up my
master chair committee. I worked on
things for my grandma’s memorial service (created the program and PowerPoint). Finally, I graciously amended an IEP so they
could submit it last minute as a safety net IEP. All of this was on top of the normal day to
day things I had to do… as you can see… life is busy.
In this time there have
come about MANY blessings… I enjoyed a week off from my college classes to
relax. I received many compliments from
district office in regards to writing safety net IEPs… they even delivered
flowers and a card. Of course, one of
the biggest blessings was receiving my PASSING score on the edTPA. Now that this test is over everything else I have
left to do is super easy… just logging my regular work hours and small
assignments to get me through this last quarter of school. Finally, in honor of passing the edTPA, I
went on a shopping spree for new clothes and found out I fit back into large
shirts… woohoo..! Life is busy… and hard…
but it is also good.
Flowers and Card from District Office...
The day I PASSED my edTPA..!
No comments:
Post a Comment