One thing that I know without a doubt honors the legacy my grandma left behind is the celebration we had in her honor. My grandma loved her family… she talked about her family constantly and always asked me about the cousins whenever I went to see her. In fact, I would show her pictures on Facebook, so she could see what the cousins and their kids were up to. I also would take a selfie with my grandma, so I would have the memories myself.
I will miss you Grandma...
We started the day
off at Faith where we did Grandpa’s memorial almost 18 years ago. We are blessed with great friends who came to
support us and make this day happen for us.
It was a very sweet service and we were able to take a family picture
just like we did at Grandpa’s memorial… of course the family has grown
tremendously with all the great grandchildren.
Andrew helped us with the sound...
Forcing Aunt Barbie to take a picture with us...
The "Finnestad" Family Picture
Great Grandchildren enjoying each other...
James driving... watch out world... he is growing up..!
Of course, at every
family gathering we would take the “cousins” picture so we had to take one today
as well. It was funny to see how much
closer the older cousins were than the younger ones as we had spent more time
together growing up. I love that my
parents made sure that I knew all of cousins… and that getting together we can
reconnect and share stories from when we were kids. We are all on different paths in life… but we
all had a grandma that loved us and loved Jesus dearly.
Cousins Picture - Age Order...
My cousin Charity...
My cousin Jensina
My cousin Kari
My cousin Kelli
My cousin Scott
My cousin Kyla and Lisa
Aunt Barbie with David and his girls... Skye & Alli
No comments:
Post a Comment