My classes started
back up at Central Washington University so life has been a whirlwind once
again. I was able to get ahead so that I
would not have to worry about homework on my birthday weekend. Matthew and I decided to go away to Cannon
Beach for a marriage retreat for the weekend.
Matthew has many fond memories of Men’s Retreats at Cannon Beach and for
years has been wanting to take me.
The weekend away was
just what we needed. We interacted with
a few other couples but spent most of the weekend alone… reconnecting as a
couple. The speakers were great and the
food was amazing. The weather during our
free time on Saturday was beautiful so we took a drive down to the Tillamook
Cheese factory… enjoying the view along the way.
We went to the sessions early to get comfy seats :)
Classic pictures in Cannon Beach...
Celebrating my birthday with this amazing man..!
I love the views along the way...
I think one of my
favorite parts of the weekend was the opportunity we had to reflect on our
marriage and talk about how we could make it better. There was so much information to go over that
it will give us things to talk about for months to come. I love Matthew dearly and anything we can do
to strengthen our marriage is a blessing.
We are hoping to do this retreat on a regular basis.
Evenings with Ice Cream... reflecting on our marriage..!
Even looking back on
the pictures, I am able to reflect on lessons that I have learned throughout my
life… one analogy that comes to mind is that we are all like boats in the ocean…
often times we are tossed back and forth by the waves… struggling to stay
afloat… other times we are able to enjoy the beauty of the scenery and relax…
God is like the lighthouse… that lightens up the sky and leads along safe
paths. The same is true in our marriage…
God guides our steps and leads our path.
There are times that the waters are still and we can enjoy life together…
there are other times that life’s problem toss us back and forth and we have to
cling on for dear life… I love doing this journey of life with Matthew… even if
we may have more trialing times than most marriages… no matter what happens, I want to keep my gaze on
the lighthouse…
On the way home we
were able to stop by Robert and Katherine’s house for the evening. My friendship with Katherine started back
when I was in school at Multnomah… she has been my confidant throughout the
years and one of my biggest prayer supporters.
I am blessed to have her in my life...!
We got to celebrate our birthdays with Mexican food… and catch up on
life.
No comments:
Post a Comment