Even though I had the
month of March off from homework, I still stayed super busy. One of my favorite memories from the month
was when our friend Brandy, from Ronan, came into town and spent the day with
us. We were able to take her to some of
my favorite “tourist” locations in the area… including Snoqualmie Falls. I love the waterfall and the reminder it is
to me of God’s power. Water is one of
the most powerful things on earth… and yet God is in control of even the
waters. Snoqualmie Falls is where I used
to go when I had a big decision to make.
Lately I have been making my big decisions in my “little house”.
In the evening, I took
Brandy to the church for the youth movie night.
We watched “I am not Ashamed”… about the Columbine Shooting. It was a great movie and I am still
reflecting on the lessons from it. Who am
I living my faith before? Am I ashamed
of the gospel? How do I need to live my
life differently? How do I want to
impact those who I come in contact with?
I am excited for the youth going on the mission trip to Colorado who
will be able to go to the campus… I am excited for what God is going to do in
their lives.
My favorite Waterfall...
Time with Brandy...
The other big memory
I have from March is the youth leader’s retreat. It has been a couple years since the leaders
were able to get away and spend a weekend connecting and planning. I have not had much time to work with the
youth this year so I took full advantage of not having homework to go to as
many activities as possible. The weekend
away was rejuvenating… It was just what I needed. Life is so busy right now that these times to
refocus are crucial to me… I want to get into the habit of doing it more often
instead of just once a month..! There is
nothing better than spending time with God out in nature… especially with a
crackling fire or running water in the background..!
Refined in the fire...
Enjoying the beauty...
No comments:
Post a Comment