Living Life...

Living Life...

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Fun Filled February…

Even with as busy as life is right now… there is one thing that I wouldn’t give up on… my ministry with the youth.  I love walking alongside my girls and watching them develop in their faith.  I want to be there for them in the good and bad and wish I had more time to spend with them. 

I remember back to the youth leaders who made an impact in my life… there are too many to count… but there are a few that I will never forget.  Ones who impacted my life in powerful ways.  In most cases, they were voluntary leaders who did not get paid for their service… they served out of love.  It is because of them that I became a youth leader. 

February was filled with many moments of enjoyment with the youth.  There are times we spent studying the word of God, listening to a sermon on going from being stressed to blessed, having one of the past girls come back and share about her mission trip, eating free frozen yogurt as a group, watching the youth serve in their own ministry and be baptized.  These are moments that I cherish and love in the midst of the busyness of life.  

Most of the D-Group girls... 

Serving alongside Naome... 


Frozen Yogurt with my girls... 





Izzy getting baptized - Loved seeing this

Another blessed memory from February came because of a speaker who visited the church in January.  He gave a powerful message to mobilize the church to share the gospel.  During his message, he gave a 48-hour challenge… the challenge was to pray for God to place someone on mind and within the next 48 hours reach out to the person in love.  God placed one of my co-workers on my mind and so I took the challenge to talk to her about God.  As a result, I am now picking up her daughters and bringing them to church with me on Sunday mornings.  I have been blessed by this experience and look forward to what God is going to do in their lives and the life of their mother through this.  I even had the opportunity to take them to the kid’s program one Sunday and pray that one day soon they will be comfortable going on their own.  

Izzy serving the kids... 

Enjoying seeing Aliya serve in the kids band too... 

Madeline & Katherine


Even though the Seahawks were not in the Superbowl this year, Matthew and I still took advantage of the day to get together with some friends and eat some good food.  For the last few years we have been gathering at German and Mariah’s house for big game.  German is an amazing cook… and even better he is from Argentina so I get a taste of Argentine food..!  It was snowing most of the day so the drive home was beautiful… and I ended up not having school for three days… it was a much-needed break but unfortunately it will eat into my summer vacation. 

Watching the game with Matthew

Fuego, Sarah, and Mariah

Such good food... a taste of my beloved Argentina

Enjoying the beauty of the snow...


I was spoiled once again by Matthew for Valentine’s day.  He bought lobster tails for my parents and me and made twice baked potatoes to go with it.  The food was delicious and we had an enjoyable evening together.  

Spoiled with seafood... 

Valentines day with my love... 


No comments: