Living Life...

Living Life...

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Heading to Montana for a little summer fun… in-between the chaos

Even with the chaos of starting school Matthew and I decided to stick with our plans to go to Montana for a vacation.  My summer was filling up quickly so we did it as soon as we could… after work I had a week full of appointments... 14 between Matthew and me.  We found out that Matthew re-ruptured his Achilles tendon so surgery was schedule for a couple days after we got home from Montana… we also found out that L&I finally accepted the amputation… so it was a whirlwind of emotions when we started the trip.

On the way out of town we once again stopped at CWU to turn in paperwork before continuing on to Ronan… it was so great to catch up with friends when we got there… of course we stayed at the church so we would be centrally located to see everyone.  

Heading out of town.. 

Working on homework along the way... 


The beauty of Montana... 




Catching up with friends... 

Love these kids... so precious

Enjoying the sunset

What a view... 

We spent a lot of time with Levi, Jen, and the kids… as well as Jim and Josie… it was definitely a time to relax and enjoy the fellowship of other believers.  Friendships were deepened and we were able to encourage one another.   
The other half of the trip I spent working on homework and learning about assessing and monitoring students with disabilities… mixed with watching movies and spending time alone with Matthew. 

On Sunday, the church had a fellowship meal so we were able to catch up with a lot of people we served alongside of at the VBS last year… then on the 4th we went out to lunch with Jim and Josie and dinner with the Fangsrud family.  

Lunch with Jim and Josie... 

Enjoying the Fangsrud House... 

Matthew and Landers
  
Loved their place... 


We had some trouble with the transmission on the motor home so Matthew as able to get it into the shop on Tuesday and we spent the night with Levi and Jen… Before we knew it, the week was over and it was time to head home.  




Read Family... 




Learning to drive the motor home... 
  
Damage from the hit & run... no I was not driving :)

Shortly after getting home Matthew went in for surgery… thankfully he has not had any complications other than being sore.  I have spent the last couple days taking care of him, working on homework, preparing and packing for Mexico, and submitting paperwork to get my conditional certificate.  Hopefully, by the time I get home from Mexico I will officially be a certified teacher..!  As you can see… life has been a whirlwind.  

Doing a puzzle with my mom... 

Matthew Post-Surgery

In the midst of everything that has happened… Satan has tried to attack us… it was hard not to let him get us down but I have chosen to keep my eyes on God.  He has provided the way so many times and I trust Him to be faithful to the end.  I am excited to see what God is going to do in the lives of everyone going on Serve… though I will miss Matthew and I am bummed I couldn’t do all my homework ahead of time so I’ll have to make time to study on the trip..!

No comments: