Living Life...

Living Life...

Sunday, June 19, 2016

What a Whirlwind… Finishing up the School Year

The last week of school was a bit hectic… between doctor appointments, looking into teaching programs, and packing for our family reunion. 

After the kids left on Friday we had the yearly staff barbeque… a time to fellowship with staff and say goodbye to those who are leaving.  This year the goodbye was for me… after two years of working at Kentridge I am moving on to TOP with my student.  Before leaving I said goodbye to all of my co-workers and raced home…

On the way to Spokane, Matthew and I took q quick detour to Central Washington University in Ellensburg… where I turned in my letters of recommendation to the complete my application for the Alternative Pathways to Teaching program.  It is a one year program that will lead to getting a teaching certificate.  Unfortunately, I am not able to get into the program until July 2017… but I was able to get in touch with the professor in charge of the Masters in Special Education and she is letting me take a class that will go towards my Master degree.  The class starts tomorrow… which is just crazy… and will last for six weeks.  Hopefully I will be able to get ahead on homework and finish my class before Mexico. 

Officially a student at Central Washington University...

Visiting the campus..!

Once in Spokane we had about 24 hours to spend with family.  I had a lot of fun catching up with my Aunts, Uncles, and cousins that I have not seen in awhile… as well as visiting the ones I see all the time.  There were even a handful of relatives that I got to meet for the first time… before we knew it the weekend was over and it was time to head home so I could go to the Serve meeting on Sunday.  

Meeting baby Kendrix

Jensina spending time with Grandma and her kids.. 

Grandma wanted to get to know Robert... 

Family Photo with Grandma... 

Love this picture of Kari and the Family... 

Another family photo with Grandma... 

The Finnestad Sister-in-Law's... missing Aunt Linda

Kids having fun together..!

I loved catching up with my cousin Charity... 

Everyone getting in on the fun... 

No comments: