Last year Matthew and I started the tradition of going over to
Spokane for my Spring Break. We needed
to get away for the week from all the stress but didn't have much money. So we came to my Aunt’s and I enjoyed a
peaceful week on her back porch studying my Bible and visiting relatives. On one of the days we headed over to Montana
to enjoy a waterfall and get away by ourselves.
This year Spring Break once again fell on my birthday so I told
Matthew to plan our overnight getaway as a surprise. Before we even started our trip I came home
from work on Thursday afternoon to a letter from Matthew in our journal and a
gift on the dresser.
Back when Matthew and I dated in junior high he had bought me a
necklace for Valentine’s Day… but I broke up with him the day before so he
threw away my necklace and told me he would never buy me one again. It only took 20 years for him to find the
perfect necklace for me. I absolutely
love the cross necklace he gave me for an early birthday present.
My birthday gift...
I love this necklace...
He spoils me rotten... when he can get away with it.
That night we packed our car so we were ready to head out to
Spokane as soon as I got home from work.
Thankfully Matthew knew his way around town since there was a major
accident and traffic was at a complete stop.
Since we always eat Mexican food on our trip to Spokane we tried out a smaller
restaurant and shared a meal. It was the
perfect amount of food especially when we topped it off with dessert at Dairy
Queen.
Trains as we drove through town...
One of my favorite parts of the drive...
Another favorite location along the way...
The drive over was peaceful and Matthew even stopped at one of
the views so I could take some pictures.
As much as he hates pictures he loves me even more and is willing to
take them with me. I went to bed early
after a busy day.
Nearing sunset... what a view
Enjoying the rainbow in the clouds...
Posing with the love of my life...
Wild Horse Monument...
No comments:
Post a Comment