This was such an amazing getaway it is hard to put into words everything
we experienced. It was even harder to
choose what pictures I wanted to use in the blog. There were so many amazing photos and
experiences on this overnight trip.
The drive up was absolutely beautiful since we decided to take
the North Pend Oreille Scenic Byway. Not
only did it follow the river up but took us by the Selkirk Mountain range.
Photo along the river.. just the beginning..!
Selkirk Mountain Range
Our first stop in Canada was Nelson… we stopped by the tourist
information site to find out what scenic views we would enjoy in the area. Of course our main goal was to go to places that
had few people but lots of beauty. After
taking some pictures at the river we headed on to our next stop.
Pirate boat in Nelson
Posing with my love...
There was no one at the Kokanee Provincial Park which was a
peaceful little beach. Matthew was great
and would allow me to stop and take pictures whenever I wanted to... which was
quite often. What can I say there were
some amazing views along the way and I wanted memories to last a life
time.
Stroll on the beach...
LOVE this view..!
Our next stop was in Kaslo where we saw an old paddle boat. This was a cute little town with some great
old buildings. We also shared a quick
lunch at a little restaurant.
A fun old paddle boat...
Matthew singing "Going to the chapel..."
Finally, we made it to Ainsworth Hot Springs… and were happy to
find out that it would not be crowded since they were not on spring break like
we were. We had an amazing view from our
room… and just about everywhere in the hotel for that matter. Our first stop was to the hot springs where
we were able to soak in the warm water which felt great on our sore
bodies.
View from our room...
Heading to enjoy the hot springs...
A very romantic getaway..!
Mathew in the cave... pictures did work very well..!
Posing outside.. easier to see
We got all dressed up and had an early dinner to beat the crowd…
Matthew enjoyed steak and potatoes while I splurged and ordered salmon and
prawns. The food was delicious and the atmosphere
was homey. Afterwards, we took a short
stroll and took some pictures while we were all dressed up.
The view from the restaurant...
My birthday dinner... salmon and prawns
All dressed up with a gorgeous view...
Enjoying the Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort
Posing for Matthew...
We went back into the hot springs one more time while everyone
else was at dinner. It was so relaxing
and peaceful… I loved just sitting with Matthew and talking as we enjoyed the
view. We spent the remainder of the
evening in our room talking and reading through a book together. I committed to stay off Facebook for the day
and focus just on Matthew which was the best decision I could have made. I loved every minute of the day with him…
even though he was in a lot of pain… but that is part of life so he tried to
ignore it as much as possible.
The next morning we got up and went straight to the hot springs
for one more soak before it opened up to the public. It was sad to leave but such is life. We decided to take the free ferry across Kootenay
Lake and take another scenic route. We
got to the ferry early and enjoyed breakfast at a tiny restaurant.
Time to cross the lake...
View from the ferry...
One of the things I absolutely love are lighthouses so I was
super excited to find out there was a light house just a short distance from
the ferry dock on the other side of the lake.
The lighthouse was secluded which was really nice. The short walk through the woods was a bit
hard on Matthew but he survived and dealt with the pain as well as he
could. I loved the fact that you could
see the ferry we took from the top of the lighthouse.
In the distance you can see our ferry.... what a view from the lighthouse
Enjoying the remote lighthouse...
Matthew was a bit sore on the walk... but I loved it..!
While at the lighthouse we found out the lake was 65 miles long
and the majority of the drive we had a view of the lake and mountain range
behind it. I loved every minute of the drive. Of course, we also had to cut across one of
the mountain ranges but there was no snow on the roads so it was a peaceful
drive.
I could live with this view...
Picture I took from the car...
Driving through the mountain pass...
Once back in the states there was just one more place I wanted
to stop at… the Sweet Creek Falls which was a very short stroll from the parking
lot. Waterfalls are another thing I love
so it was icing on the cake for me.
Enjoying the Sweet Creek Waterfall
Posing at the Box Canyon Dam
I was in heaven every minute of the trip. Not only did I enjoy beauty everywhere I went… I was able to relax in the hot springs… and most importantly spend some much needed time alone with Matthew.
No comments:
Post a Comment