The last couple weeks have
been a whirlwind. The last week of
August was busy preparing for Myrel’s memorial service. I ended up helping prepare the slide show and
powerpoint for the service while Matthew was there to support them any way he
could. It was a difficult week as we grieved
the loss of such a great friend.
On Labor Day we celebrated
the August family birthdays. Jimmy
turned 40 years this year and Abby became a teenager. I can’t believe how fast the kids are growing
up. Kim’s birthday is also in August so
she was part of the celebration.
Unfortunately Jeremy’s family wasn't able to come into town or we would
have celebrated Seth too. We all decided
that we LOVE doing brunch celebrations since breakfast food is so good..! I am so blessed to have such a great family.
Happy 40th Jimmy..!
Abby - A Teenager.. Crazy..!
The one's behind the cameras..!
August Birthdays...
That was our last
celebration before school started back up.
I wasn't expecting to work the first couple days but God blessed me with
a job for the first 8 days of school. Even though I am back to subbing on a day by day basis I am still praying to find a full-time job once they figure out numbers in the schools... my desire to work at the high school but I would accept a job anywhere.
Thankfully I was still able to take some pictures of Shane’s first day
of 9th grade. He was excited
to start school back up but a bit nervous now that his grades count towards
high school. He really wanted to take
Spanish so we were disappointed when he didn't get it… thankfully we were able
to fight for him to be able to take the class so he can learn Spanish. His desire is to be able to communicate better
with Mirko when he comes back for Christmas.
I have had a lot of fun practicing Spanish with him and am looking
forward to helping him with it this year (and maybe even teach Matthew a few
words along the way).
Classic First Day of School Photos..!
This last weekend we went
on our last camping trip of the summer.
We decided to head east to Teanaway again and enjoyed some beautiful
sunny weather. My parents decided to go
along with us again and we had a great time.
On Saturday I was able to get in a lot of walking, some on my own, some
with Matthew, and some with Shane.
Matthew and my Dad were able to fix the electricity in the trailer so
for the first time we were able to have lights on at night… next year we may
have a battery so we can have lights even without the generator. That trailer has been such a blessing this
summer and I am looking forward to many more trips in the summers to come.
Matthew preparing our dinner..! Yummy
Dad helping us with the tent trailer...
Mom helping cook dinner...
Enjoying God's Beauty... and Family..!
No comments:
Post a Comment