Matthew and Myrel...
The hardest loss that one
can endure is the death of a loved one.
I may have only known Myrel for a couple years but he has played a huge
role in my family during that time. Myrel
is the father-in-law that I never had. He
loved spending time with people and could harass my husband like no other. Even with everything going on in his own life
he still took time to come and see Matthew in the hospital and cherished his
friendship with him.
One of my favorite parts
of the week was going over to his house every Wednesday for Bible Study. His joy for life shined through every
week. He was always ready for a good
laugh and a one-liner joke. In fact, he
woke up on Thursday just long enough to share a joke with me when I came over
to say goodbye… it was one of the lasts moments that he was lucid and it meant
so much to me to see him laugh and smile one last time. I have so many stories and thoughts running
through my head as I grieve his loss.
Myrel was an amazing man…
and those who knew him were blessed. He
was a great companion to my husband this past year as they both suffered from
their own trials. I honestly don’t know
if we would have survived the year if it hadn't been for Myrel and his wife
Bev. I will forever be grateful to God
for bringing them into my life. I know
that Myrel was ready to go home to be with Jesus but he will be greatly missed
here. It was a long battle that he
fought for four years but now he doesn't have to suffer anymore.
Please be praying for his
family during this time. Pray for a
peace that passes all understanding… for comfort… and so much more. Also, keep Matthew and I in your prayers as
we grieve the loss of a dear friend.
I love you Myrel… enjoy
walking with Jesus..!
Myrel joining us for our weekly Bible Study..!
I loved his insights and heartfelt prayers..!
Bev and Myrel over at our place...
No comments:
Post a Comment