This week our lives change
in more ways than we can even comprehend at the moment. Many people know that I have been walking not
just because I enjoy it, which I do, but also to relieve stress but few know
the reason for all of the stress. Now
that it is official and the date isn’t going to once again change I feel like
it is time to share what is going on and ask for some big time prayer
support.
As many of you know
Matthew and I have been on an ongoing battle to get treatment for his arm as a
result of an on the job injury 3 ½ years ago… it seems like we have to fight
for every little thing. Unfortunately
because of delayed treatment the outcome has changed. On Thursday he is going in for an amputation
of his left arm. It was a hard decision
to make and one that has not been easy on either of us, but especially
Matthew. It is also one that is
necessary as a result of the repeated infections.
Matthew has been in and
out of the hospital multiple times in the last 6 months which resulted in a
surgery to clean out his hand and remove the abscesses that developed while in
the hospital on antibiotics. The day of
the surgery the surgeon informed me that Matthew would need to have his arm
amputated one day soon. Since then we
have gotten multiple opinions which have all determined the same thing. The infectious disease specialist diagnosed
him with lymphedema and informed us that his arm would never heal because of
the damage that has been done. She
informed us he would need to be on antibiotics permanently until his arm was
amputated.
Even after making the
decision we have had various obstacles which resulted in changing the date of
the amputation which originally was going to occur a couple weeks ago. We were able to temporarily work things out
to get the amputation and then continue to battle with the insurance company
later. He went in for his pre-op last
Friday and is scheduled for surgery on February 28th at 3:30
pm. Unfortunately like most surgeries
there are no guarantees so we are asking for your prayers.
Some specific requests:
1)
The surgery will be completely successful in
bringing about healing. This would mean
that the RSD does not spread further up his arm or cross to other limbs.
2)
The surgery will
be successful in relieving Matthew of the pain.
There are chances of continued pain even after an operation but we are
praying for complete relief.
3)
That Matthew will
be able to use a prosthetic eventually and learn to adjust to life without an
arm.
4)
Peace and comfort
for the family in the months to come as we adjust.
5)
That L&I will
take responsibility and cover all the expenses.
Thank you so much for your
prayers… I will try to keep everyone updated through posts on facebook in the
weeks to come.

2 comments:
Oh wow. Thanks for sharing. I will definitely keep you all in my prayers!!
I will be praying for your requests. I know that you know that God is in control but I am sure that at times that is hard to see. I will pray that you will know HIs comfort, peace and love during these days.
Post a Comment