This time of year there
are a lot of birthdays in my family. Matthew
doesn’t like me to do anything big to celebrate his birthday so we had a small “party”
at our Wednesday night bible study.
Since he found his gift early (new clothes), I made him snicker doodles
since they are his favorite.
On Super Bowl Sunday we
celebrated Josiah’s birthday watching the game, eating lots of yummy food,
watching him open presents and of course some ice cream cake. Matthew and I were pretty exhausted so we
didn’t finish the game but went home early.
Happy 9th Birthday..!
Josiah loves his money... and posing with Shane..!
Since our plans were
changed we were able to celebrate Shane’s birthday on his actual birthday. On February 12th Shane turned
14. We let him decide where he wanted
to go eat and he chose Azteca’s which wasn’t a big a surprise to me. Matthew invited our friends Bev and Myrel to
join us as well as his mom, grandma and brother Jason. Shane not only enjoyed the food but also the
gifts and money he received.
Shane opening his gifts...
Posing with his grandma and great grandma
Singing "Happy Birthday" Azteca style...
We still have three more
birthdays before the month is over… birthdays remind me of God’s love for us…
not only did he love us enough to create us and breathe life into us but he
also gave us the opportunity to have new life in Him.
Valentine’s Day was another reminder of God’s love for us. What a blessing it was for Him to create marriage and the picture of how a marriage can display God’s relationship to His church. Marriage is wonderful… I never realized how love can continue to grow deeper and deeper over time. God’s love for me has become more real as I watch Matthew love me unconditionally and offer grace on a regular basis. Although we celebrated Valentine’s Day in the comfort of our house, it was one of the best one’s I’ve ever had being able to just rest in my husband’s arms and enjoy his presence.
Valentine’s Day was another reminder of God’s love for us. What a blessing it was for Him to create marriage and the picture of how a marriage can display God’s relationship to His church. Marriage is wonderful… I never realized how love can continue to grow deeper and deeper over time. God’s love for me has become more real as I watch Matthew love me unconditionally and offer grace on a regular basis. Although we celebrated Valentine’s Day in the comfort of our house, it was one of the best one’s I’ve ever had being able to just rest in my husband’s arms and enjoy his presence.
I also want to rest in God’s
arms and enjoy His presence. It is
amazing how a rollercoaster of emotions and thoughts can do on one’s body. I decided to up my goal of walking from 20
miles a week to 25 miles and this week I even walked 30 miles. This gave me extra time to cry out to God and
plead to Him for healing for Matthew. I
know that God is in control and that He will be glorified in this situation…
Yes, I am tired but God is the one giving me the strength to get through each
day..!
No comments:
Post a Comment