Well… I have arrived safely in Catamarca and am finally getting settled in. After two full days of travelling, Laura picked me up at the bus station. She was the only one who knew that I was coming to Catamarca, which is the only reason I was able to surprise everyone. After a quick shower she drove me over to the house where my roommates for two years live with their family. I knocked on the door only to have their mother open it slightly and then shut the door in my face. It was actually pretty funny as I was outside listening to her try to convince Soledad to open the door. It was only 9:30 in the morning so no one was ready for the day and didn’t really want to open it, of course they didn’t realize it was me. Finally, Sole opened the door and the look on her face was priceless. From that moment on, I was able to go to various houses to surprise different families, as well as send text messages to those who I didn’t know where they would be. I spent about two days visiting people and not sleeping much and I still haven’t seen anyone. Of course at church on Sunday they announced my arrival and had me pray before the reunion. Since then I have been trying to catch up on sleep, continue to visit people, help Sole plan her upcoming wedding, visit my Valentino (my argentine nephew), and keep up on my homework for the college course I am taking. It feels like I have no free time what so ever… and I can’t believe it has already been a week. The time is going to fly by and before I know it I will be leaving again, so I want to enjoy every minute I have here.
1 comment:
So great! Valentino is adorable, and I love the video! :) Enjoy every moment!
Post a Comment