Living Life...

Living Life...

Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Trials Continue... to the END..!

I am all moved out of the house after one of the busiest and most stressful weeks of my life. I can honestly say that I feel I left the house in better condition then when I received it; unfortunately the owner is not in agreement. In fact, she is trying to do everything in her power to get more money out of me… unfortunately she is a lawyer..! She refused to sign anything stating that I returned the key/house to her the day my contract ended so I was advised to get a lawyer immediately. So, currently I am in a waiting process in which everything is in the hands of two lawyers. Pray that God’s will be done in the situation. I already went way over budget with trying to meet her expectations in fixing up the house… after a week of constant stress and nightmares I was comforted last night with a message on how God works all things for our good..! He is in control of even this situation… He is a God of justice.

Even amidst of the conflict and stress I can see God’s hand upon this situation. He even allowed us girls to enjoy our ‘Last Night’ in the house together a night early… I didn’t understand why things worked out that way until we spend the whole next night WORKING on fixing up the house. We were able to get more errands done in two days then is really possible to do here in Catamarca. I am grateful for the Millar’s allowing me to use their car during this time… I don’t know how one would be able to do it all without transportation. Another blessing is that during this time I have been so fixed on the situation here that I haven’t had time to be saddened about the fact that I am leaving in just two weeks. And finally I was able to take a couple hours to go away with my teammates Scott and Ruth Millar and Laura for lunch and an afternoon by a river. I absolutely LOVE the peacefulness of flowing water so it was nice to just enjoy God’s nature for awhile.

Before life went crazy we were able to celebrate Maria’s 18th birthday on a last minute trip to La Rioja (1 ½ hours away) to go to a concert. One of my friends, Pato (English University Student) went with us in her car. It was a great time to be with her and at the same time surprise Maria with this trip. Pray that God will build relationships between my friends who aren’t believers and the girls… so that the ministry can continue even when I go back home.

Tomorrow my roommates and I are going on a trip up north to Salta and Jujuy. The trip is a time for us to get away just the four of us and enjoy one another’s company before I leave. The Millar’s are once again loaning me their car so that I can do some things that I have not been able to do on my trip up North before. We are even going to be going to the graveyard where their father is buried as two of them have never been there and it is an important step in the process as they are still struggling with his death and their mothers’ new marriage. Pray that I can speak truth into their lives during this week and that they would continue to draw closer to God during this time.

No comments: