Living Life...

Living Life...

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Changes...

So, I am currently in the process of fixing up the house and moving out to Parque America with my roommates and their family. This is definitely a tiring and time-consuming process. Here are some pictures of the guys painting and us moving. Of course we’ve only finished about half of the work… but by Monday we will be completely done… which means I will have limited to no internet service… although lately I haven’t had time to use it anyways. It’s been fun having the guys over helping us and enjoying one another’s company. Of course us girls have been working hard to get everything packed up and moved as well... in the midst of the business of daily life. I think all of us are ready to collapse... thankfully in a couple weeks we will be taking a week-long trip to spend time just the 4 of us before I head back to Washington.
Another big change that has taken place in this time is that the church in Villa Parque Chacabuco has moved. We are now meeting in Parque America in the house my roommate’s are going to be living in. I am excited to see what God is going to do in this neighborhood. There are more families and it is much closer to where most of the members live. Last Saturday night was our first reunion there and we had quite the turn out as we dedicated the house and family to God. We also celebrated the “Day of the Women” in which the guys prepared a presentation and gave presents to all the women and girls.

One of the guys that I have been doing an intensive missions study with gave a short message on Saturday during the service. He is also researching the neighborhood to see what the best method to evangelize the people is. God is going to do great things in the life of Matias as well as the other youth. Please be praying for this time of transition for the church.

Finally, continue to be in prayer for me as my time is coming to a close. My emotions continue to change from excitement to return and see everyone to having a hard time leaving behind everyone here. It is quite the rollercoaster but thankfully I have been holding onto God during this time and feel His presence even during the hardest times.

2 comments:

The Finnestad Family said...

Busy, busy, busy! You look beautiful Kristin. I'm sure you will appreciate the time you invested in blogging. I know you will spend alot of time looking at all the pictures once you've returned to the states, even though you've also stored these memories in your heart.

Chaplain Mark said...

Kristin,
In all your pictures, you are just glowing! Glory to God! We will pray as you say good-bye, for now, and you seek Him for what He would have you do next.