Living Life...

Living Life...

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Feliz Navidad... Argentine Style!

My Christmas experience is quite different from what the majority of you are experiencing. In Washington they are enjoying a White Christmas, while here it is in the upper 90’s. Because of the fact that is summer, everyone celebrates starting at midnight… or a bit before. That way they don’t have to cook in the heat of the day.

Last night I went to Parque America, to celebrate with my roommates family. We ate asado (the typical Argentina barbeque with various types of meat), chicken, pig, salads, sandwiches, etc. Before eating, we read a passage from the Bible and prayed. At midnight we toasted with apple cider and then enjoyed various deserts. Around 1:00 am friend and family started arriving to greet us. From there, the majority of the youth went to the plaza to hang out until about 7 in the morning. I was a bit tired and went to bed at 3:30, which is extremely early for Christmas.

Not much happens today during the day… I decided to spend the day watching “The Nativity Story”, reading the Bible and waiting for the phone call from my family.

1 comment:

The Earnhardt Family said...

Merry Christmas! I was just getting caught up on your blogs, you are so beautiful, inside and out!!! I'm glad you got a little mini-break recently and have had some one-on-one time with God :-) I'm soooo looking forward to seeing you in person in a few months!