Living Life...

Living Life...

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Taking a break...

I was finally able to take a short vacation from all that has been going on and go visit my friends in Jujuy. I extended my regular trip out of the country and was able to spend a week with Natalia and Vicky… celebrating their birthdays and having lots of time alone in the word. I did nothing but relax (and eat) during this trip… if you including climbing a mountain relaxing. J The hike was absolutely beautiful. We arrived to the top just in time to watch the sunset… then spent time by a waterfall drinking mate and talking. Since we only had the light from the stars to guide us we decided to take the car route back down the mountain which was twice the distance. For me this was a time of healing as I was able to walk behind the others and pray the whole way down… asking God to heal specific hurts in my life. It has been awhile since I felt the joy and peace that I had on this night.

The following days were spent visiting various friends in Jujuy who I haven’t seen in awhile and studying the Word of God. One of the couples that I was able to visit was Alejandro y Natalia. I was excited to see them as they are currently living in another province and came to Jujuy on vacation. This will be the last time I see them in awhile as in a couple months they are planning on going to India as missionaries. They will be working with a group of children who are considered “The Untouchables”. They are very excited for the opportunity to serve God in this way and have almost raised all the funds that they need for this two year trip. They are hoping that one day they will be able to return long-term, but are taking the first step of faith short-term. Please keep them in your prayers as they are an amazing couple who have been a big encouragement to me throughout this past year.

No comments: