God has been opening doors for me to build stronger relationships with some of the older girls. I am currently doing a study with some of the girls between the ages of 21-24 on “Lord, I Want to Know You”. Our meetings have been sporadic because of working around schedules but every time we get together I am encouraged myself as they are. It is a group where the girls are comfortable to open up and share some deep hurts in their lives. Apart from these official times I have been able to get together with them on a more casual basis. God is really at work in the lives of some of them. One of them had been in a relationship with a non-believer for the past two-years. I was able to share with her and pray for her and she was able to break off the relationship. Since then I have seen her come alive… her passion for Christ is back… She is smiling again and wanting to get involved in serving at church. Praise God for helping her take that step of obedience and seeing the results of a life free from sin. Please keep these young ladies in your prayers as I serve them in formal and informal ways. Their names are: Soledad, Eugenia, Maggie, Alejandra, and Vero.
Also please be in prayer for the church as a whole. There is definitely spiritual warfare going on in the lives of so many of the members. Currently there is a spirit of division and many rumors being spread. Pray that we can return to God’s word, bring the truth to light, and encourage one another. I am convinced that God has some amazing things in store for El Encuentro and Satan is trying to do all he can to keep us down. But the battle belongs to the Lord!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment