Living Life...

Living Life...

Thursday, May 10, 2007

From Sickness to Health...

Since my last update I spent about two weeks straight sick in bed… It was a difficult time for me as I don’t like being told I have to stay in bed and do nothing. Also, life is kind of boring when you are stuck in the same place all day long listening to everyone enjoying themselves in the other room. It was also a time of great reflection as God had time to work in my own life and show me some areas in which I need to be healed personally so I can minister to the youth here in Catamarca. Now that the trial is over I can say that I am glad that it took place and look forward to the fruit of what is to come.

In the midst of my sickness I was able to begin discipling a few of the girls on a more formal basis. We are going through a study called, In My Father’s House, which compares our relationship with our earthly father and how that affects how we view our Heavenly Father. It has been neat to get to know these girls on a more personal level as we meet on a weekly basis. You can keep them in your prayers… I have already started with Maria and Carla and will begin with Carolina this upcoming week.

Another new ministry that we have started with the girls is “Inner Healing”. Marisa, the Pastor’s wife, my roommates (Carolina and Soledad) and I are working together not only to heal our own lives, but the youth as well. On Friday evenings we meet for a formal study on various areas of our life that the devil uses to get a foothold. Last Friday we talked about hurts that took place in our childhood. Other than the leaders only three girls (Maria, Lizzie, and Melanie) showed up but it was a powerful time of healing. We are hoping for more girls this upcoming Friday as we continue with the topic of past hurts. Pray for the girls by name and that God will continue to draw more people (such as Carla, Rocio, Luciana, Agustine, Zurma, Maria, etc) on a weekly basis. After the reunion the girls stayed the night and spend most of the day Saturday with us. This was a great time to be able to work in their lives in an informal way and to let them know that they are loved. God continues to draw the girls to the house on a more regular basis (and the guys continue to show up daily as well… hahaha).

Finally, please be in prayer for the upcoming “compaña” that we will be doing church wide. On Saturday we are starting, “40 Dias con Proposito” which is the study of “A Purpose Driven Life”. Everyone is encouraged to invites friends, family members, classmates, neighbors, etc that don’t go to church to join us in this study. We will be starting Small Group Studies at various houses through out the city as well as focusing Sunday Evening sermons on these topics. My house will be hosting a group for the youth on Thursday nights. Pray for wisdom and guidance as we begin this study and that many people will come to know that they have a purpose here on the earth.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Glad you're feeling better Kristin!! And, thanks for the update. I love the pictures and will be praying for those girls by name. Please say hi to Rocio from me! Love ya!