Many of you know that I have been
doing a study on forgiveness this year. I got stuck partway through the study…
it was on the part where I actually had to write out everything that I needed
to forgive. The activity included writing the person’s name, what they did, and
how it affected me. With everything going on with Matthew’s health and the
insanity of testing season at work… I didn’t have the mental/emotional capacity
to add more to my plate… so my study sat… stuck at this point for quite some
time. I knew that I needed to do it. The act of forgiving is more about freeing
myself than anything else and that is why I am doing this study. I do not want
them to have so much power over me. I don’t want the emotions to control me. I
don’t want to live with so much pain. But at the same time is so hard.
This weekend I finally had the time to
work through every hurt that has built up. All the pain that I experienced when
I was in Norway. Everything that has resulted from that… it was hard to sit and
write it all down. I also included some of the pain from the past that has
popped back up that I wanted to forgive again.
After writing down each experience… we
were to acknowledge that not always are we capable of releasing all the
emotions that go with the pain. So, what we can’t let go of, we were to say,
“whatever my feelings won’t yet allow for, the blood of Jesus will surely
cover.” I forgive, not because it comes natural to me… I forgive, because I
have been forgiven. I put each of these hurts into an envelope that symbolized
that Jesus was covering what I could not.
After all was said and done… I
utilized the fire that I have been enjoying to toss it all into the fire. God
refines so much by fire… and He can take all the pain and purify it. He can
make me whole again. He can make beauty from the ashes. I am trusting that He
will bring about complete healing in my life.
I am going to continue on through the
process of forgiveness and healing… am I at the place where I want restoration?
No… but I am choosing to forgive and leave it at Jesus’ feet. When the feelings
creep back up, I will lay it back down at Jesus feet. I will continue on with
the process. I will pray for the other person, but I will keep my boundaries up
and protect my heart. For now, I am in a place of peace.








No comments:
Post a Comment