Living Life...

Living Life...

Monday, January 6, 2025

January 2025 – Starting off the New Year!

Every day is a fresh start, but January gives us even more of an opportunity to start fresh. We rung in the new year with our good friends German and Mariah. As normal, we made our plans at the last minute and ended up having them over to our house. German picked up the food at the local Argentine store, so I knew we were going to eat well.

It was a relaxing evening which is just what I needed since it was the start of a six-day migraine (here is to hoping it is gone today even though I only slept 2 ½ hours last night). Matthew and Mariah were both recovering from their surgeries, so it was just what they needed as well.

After eating empanadas and chorizo, we ended up watching a movie on Netflix (well… most of us did… Mariah took a nap and Soraya enjoyed my massage chair).  We also enjoyed our second course… the meat. The movie ended just in time for us to count down to midnight with the Space Needle in the background. We toasted the New Year and said our goodbyes.  Matthew and I stayed up until about 2:00 am. 


Pastries from Argentina...

Enjoying our empanadas... 

German making Choripan... 

Second course - Asado!



Ringing in the New Year... 


Welcome to 2025


Happy New Year!



Celebrating with friends... 




Happy New Year Love - 2025 is our Year!

Since I had a migraine the rest of my break, I didn’t do a lot. I spent a lot of time relaxing. I did spend some time putting together new job boxes for work but other than that, I spent a lot of time laying in bed and doing my Bible study.

Every year in January, our church Gen Hope, does a 21 day fast. Everyone determines what they are going to fast. The purpose is to refocus on God and seek Him as you start out the year. As part of my fast, I deleted Facebook from my phone, so it is not my “Go-to” activity throughout the day. I am not on my computer nearly as much as I am on my phone. I want to be intentional about spending more time seeking God and what His plan is for me. 


Prayer focus for this week!

One area of my life that I want to focus on is my marriage. In my business of everything that has been going on in my life… I have not made Matthew a priority in the way that I should. Sure, I do the basic things that a loving wife would do… I take care of him when he is not feeling well and after surgery, I make dinner and clean the house, I pray for him… but I have neglected him in other ways. I watched the movie “Fireproof” for motivation and started doing a devotional called “The Love and Respect Experience”. While I am sure I won’t get it perfect… I am going to work on it one step at a time. As I refocus on God, I am also going to refocus on my husband. May 2025 be a time of growth in my personal walk with God and in our marriage as well. 

Watching Fireproof.... 

One of my Devotionals for the year... 

No comments: