Living Life...

Living Life...

Sunday, January 26, 2025

January 2025 – So much has happened in such a short period!

As I mentioned in my previous blog, our church is having a 21-day fast to re-focus on God. Often, as we try to get our life back on track, we also face incredible Spiritual Warfare.  Satan would like nothing else than to keep us down and discouraged. This month has definitely been a mix of blessings and trials. 

Week 2 Prayer Points... 


The biggest trial was that after 5 months, Alyssa was asked to move out. Although we love her and the twins, it was time. I’m not going to go into the nitty gritty, but this transition has been hard. I know I mentioned in a previous post that I was going to miss them when they left, but I didn’t expect them to be completely ripped from our lives. For now, we have no contact with them at all. I am still praying that God will restore things and bring healing to our relationship with Alyssa. I am also praying that God will be at work in their lives and they will come to know Him as Lord and Savior. 

After they moved out… Matthew and Cooper ended up still going on their trip to Montana. It had been planned for months, and it was a much needed get-away for the both of them. I spent that time getting my house back in order. One thing I am very excited about is my house will stay clean now. It was a lot of work cleaning up all the mess/stuff that was left behind and we still have a few items we need to get rid of but for the most part the house is back to normal for the first time in over a year. I was also finally able to set the room that we originally planned for Cooper. He was so appreciative of having a room of his own and no longer having to sleep on one of the couches. 

Cleaning up and organizing...


Cooper's New Room!

That same weekend, I was able to head over and visit my Grandma. It has been a long time since I have seen her and my Aunt called to give me a heads up because she has been in a lot of pain and is not doing as well as she was in the past. I decided I should take advantage of a weekend alone and spend some time with her. I decided to go during lunch because she is not always the most talkative and at least I could people watch and be entertained by her housemates. It was a pleasant visit, and I am glad I spent a couple hours with my grandma.  Of course, when she started dumping her food, I decided she had enough to eat. 

Playing with her food... 


Grandma was in a good mood... 
Of course, she was happy I brought her chocolate... 

With everything going on, I decided to re-do a Bible Study I did with my D-Group girls. The Armor of God by Priscilla Shirer.  I have been slacking with my quiet times lately and was in need of an officially devotional to keep me on track. I do much better when I have an actual study and not just using my Kindle to study. I also found my new favorite spot to do my quiet times during the winter months… the new blessings of a quiet house. There is a perfect spot on the couch where I can curl up and turn on my worship music and have my mate right next to me.  It is just what I needed. 


Time to Put on the Armor of God... 


Going into week 3 of the Fast, I was feeling stronger in the Lord.  Things were still hard, but my eyes were looking up. I went to the Pursuit night at Gen Hope and was confirmed that I was on the right track… one of the speakers talked about the Armor of God and our need to put off the negativity in our life and focus on the positive. The Pastor also read Psalm 27, which spoke to what I had been facing the past couple weeks. This night gave me a lot of strength and hope going forward. 

Week 3 - Prayer Points

Getting into the Word more often... 


Pursuit Night Reminders... 


The next four pictures are from a devo that spoke to me... 




A lot of prayers have been going into this week as Matthew had a trip planned to Florida to see his father. He has not spoken to him since 2019 when we were in Florida and things blew up. I had been having sporadic conversations with him, but Matthew finally came to a place where he decided to show up at his door and talk to him. I took the day off and spent the morning in prayer, worship, and studying God’s Word as Matthew laid out his heart to his dad. What an answer to prayer it was when a couple hours later I found out the conversation was going “Good”. God is a God of restoration and healing, and I have no doubt that He has been work in the life of both men to bring them to a place where healing could take place this weekend. 

Prayer and Worship as Matthew talked to his dad... 

Watching for him to return home to me... 


In the midst of my Armor of God study, I decided that instead of doing the youth version over again, I would get the Women’s Devotional that came with the videos. I also found a handful of other devotionals to do afterwards. I am committed to keep my passion going and to keep my focus on God going forward. As I was reminded doing my study… Spiritual warfare does not take a day off so I can’t take a day off either… I can’t be too busy or tired to spend time with God who provides all I need for every situation. 

Watching the Video included with the study...!


New Women's Version... :)


Of course, not everything that has happened has been super big things… or even super spiritual. I have had a bazillion appointments as I am still doing PT, Chiro and massage for my back/neck injury. I was able to complete the training for the upcoming testing season at work. I completed the materials for the new red boxes. I am almost done with all my IEPs for the year (just a couple more to go). I figured out a plan for Component 4 of my National Boards. I started planning our trip this summer and did a little research of Norway where my ancestors came from… as we contemplate staying longer and traveling Norway with my parents. 


Lots of Finnestad's in Norway... 


I had to ask my Dad where we came from... 


This is the one our ancestors came from... 

As you can see… life has been hard, busy, overwhelming, but blessed at the same time. Through it all… God has been good and my walk with Him is getting back on track.

No comments: