My quiet times have been so good lately.
I’ve been able to have extended quiet times on the weekends and still
making time to spend time in the Word of God during the week. There is never enough time, but I am trying
various ways to spend time with God such as listening to sermons while I walk
on the treadmill, worshipping God while I clean, cook, or drive. I am so grateful for the church that we are
going to and the healing I found in my own personal life at Gen Hope. It has been so good for us to get back into
ministry working with youth together. It
was also a blessing to celebrate the church’s 75th anniversary. I learned so much about the history of Gen
Hope over the weekend. I knew that they started Vine Maple Place, a ministry that
helps single parent families get off of the street and into stable housing. What I didn’t know is that they also started Ranier
Christian School back in the 60’s as well as all the mission work they have
done around the world. They are not
living in the past but constantly seeking ways to bring about God’s truth the younger
generations and drawing unbelievers into the family of God. What a joy it is to not only worship with
them but also serve alongside the people of Gen Hope.
Matthew and I were able to host Thanksgiving at our house. We did it later in the afternoon so that Keb
could come after work. It was bittersweet
for me knowing that this was the last Holiday that I was going to be
celebrating with Kim and Keb in town before they moved to Texas. Matthew and I also still struggle with missing
Shane, which increases during the Holidays.
I tried not to focus on the sadness and enjoy the day with my friends
and family. Of course, we were all a little
bummed when the Seahawks didn’t win the game but such is life… the food was
delicious and the company was amazing.
The day after Thanksgiving, Alyssa came over with the twins. Since Cooper was with us for the weekend it
was the perfect opportunity to spend the Holiday with her Dad. We also
celebrated Christmas with them since we were not going to be in town. I watched Amelia and Christopher while
Matthew took Alyssa and Cooper to go visit her Grandpa… every time she tried to
see him he would cancel on her… so Matthew made sure that it worked out for her
to have a visit with him on this trip. The
twins were great for me, and I got in extra cuddles while they were gone.
Thankfully, they were entertained with their new gifts.
Kim and Keb came over on Saturday to watch the Apple Cup with me. We had lots of snacky foods to eat for the game and of course an Apple Pie. This was going to be a big game since the Huskie’s win would mean they ended the season undefeated… a first for the Pac 12. The Huskies have been having an amazing season, but the Apple Cup can always go either way… and this game was a close one to the very last second. Thankfully, we pulled out a win and ended the season 12:0.



















































No comments:
Post a Comment