Life was insanely busy in October.
We started the month escaping for our last camping trip of the
season. We had planned it months in advance
and were lucky enough to have beautiful weather for the weekend. Matthew and Cooper went out on Thursday to
set up camp and then I joined them as soon as I could escape work on Friday. Over the weekend, I did a lot of reading to
prepare for the National Boards. It was
a great mix of reading for fun, studying, doing my Bible study, and just
relaxing.
I was a little stressed because I ended up getting Jury Duty and was not
relieved after I filled out the questionnaire.
I found out it was going to be a three-week trial, right in the middle
of me trying to write multiple IEPs and get my MLE groups up and running. When we got together for jury deliberations,
they only asked me one question so I thought for sure I was going to be selected
but we would not find out until a week later, the day before the trial was to
begin. Thankfully, I got an email saying
I was relieved from duty. Although I am
interested in the process, I didn’t have time to take three weeks off of work
in the midst of trying to get everything completed before my trip to Argentina.
Knowing that life was going to be busy with working with the youth,
classes for National Boards, the added responsibilities at work, doctor
appointments, etc. I decided to do some Freezer Meals on the weekends while
watching the football games. During this
time, I also maintained my exercise routine, so I would often watch the games
(Husky and Seahawks), while walking on the treadmill. Anything I could do to multitask and still
get everything done.
Mason and Lily did come and spend the weekend with us so that Chris and
Sarah could escape for Chris’ birthday weekend.
I enjoy spending time with them and can still get a lot done around the house
when they are around, so it wasn’t any added stress for me. Now that they are coming with their
electronics, I learned how to limit the time they are allowed on the internet
by setting limits with our Wi-Fi. I’m not
sure they appreciated me learning this, but it made it easier to turn off the Wi-Fi
on their device than change the password or stop the internet for
everyone.
We ended the month having Alyssa and the twins spend the night with
us. It has been such a blessing having
this extra time with her, getting to know her better and allowing her to spend
time with her Dad. I know that it has
been a blessing to her as well as she is making an effort to put family first. It also gives her a chance to talk about what
is going on in her life and get advice about what to do. She is really wanting to plan for the future
and have a career while at the same time making sure the twins are well taken
care of. It is the struggle that every
young mother faces. I of course love all the cuddles with Amelia and
Christopher and seeing them try new things each time they come over.






































No comments:
Post a Comment