Living Life...

Living Life...

Saturday, July 24, 2021

July – The trip begins..!

The fun begins... Summer Vacation 2021

 Matthew and I headed off on our trip as soon as I got home from my doctor appointment on Thursday.  Since we got a late start (about 5:30pm) we only drove about 4 hours to Pendleton, Oregon.  Of course, it always takes a little longer when you have to stop for gas and bathroom breaks (for me).  On the drive down we took some time to pray and then put on worship music to sing along to.  It is moments like these that I will cherish forever.



Map Guide & Music DJ

We made it to Oregon...

Once we got to Pendleton the first thing, we did was find something to eat. I ordered a huge burger and Matthew got garlic wings. We then played some cards for awhile before calling it a night.  For some reason I couldn’t sleep.  I don’t know if it as the excitement of finally being on the trip or drinking caffeine way too late but regardless I didn’t fall asleep until after 2:00am.  Unfortunately, shortly after 3:00am we were woken up by a truck that decided to park next to us and leave their engine running and watch a movie at full volume.  After trying to fall back asleep we decided to get up and start driving again.

Our first stop was to get gas and coffee for Matthew.  It was fun to watch the moon set and the sun rise.  A couple hours later we stopped for breakfast at a place that Matthew had eaten at back when he drove as a truck driver.  I ordered yummy crepes and Matthew had steak and eggs.  We then decided to find a rest stop and take a nap before heading into Idaho.  Unfortunately, while we were sleeping someone decided to steal the cover for our propane tanks.  It saddens me how sinful mankind has become that they have no value for other people’s property.  

Getting ready for dinner at the Casino... 

Watching the moon set... 

One of many gas stations along the way... 

Watching the sun rise... 

Time for some breakfast... 

Since our plans had changed last minute, I found a place I wanted to visit in the Boise National Forest called Idaho City… but we didn’t have a campground to stay at last minute.  We tried to find a place but didn’t want to go to far without any guarantees, so we decided to just visit Idaho City and head back out of the forest and find some where to stay.  We were both pretty tired to we took a nap at another rest stop and then I called around and was finally able to find a spot at a campground outside Twin Falls that had an open spot for the night.

Heading into Idaho... 

Visiting Idaho City... trying to stay out of trouble..!


Loved the Town Dump... 

Lunch in the cute mining town... 

Views along the drive were amazing... 



I loved every sunset along the way... 


It was a full moon... 

On Saturday morning, we headed over to Anderson Camp to unhook the truck and then tour Twin Falls before it was too hot.  When we planned the trip, we didn’t know we would be coming in the middle of a heat wave.  So, we tried to do as much as we could in the morning and then rest during the heat of the day. Some of the highlights of twin falls were seeing Shoshone Falls, Twin Falls in the distance, the jump site of Evel Knievel, and Perrine Memorial Bridge.  I would even say that the dinner that we had at Janitzio Mexican Restaurant was a highlight because the food was absolutely delicious. 

Shoshone Falls was amazing... 

I love the rainbow... and Twin Falls to the left...


Matthew and I at Shoshone Falls... 


View from further back...


Posing with the falls...


Heavenly views... 

The famous jump site...

Launch point... 

What he was jumping over... 

A view from the top down... 

A view to the bridge... 

Up close views of the bridge... 




Spending time in the Word... 


Yummy Mexican for dinner... 

No comments: