Living Life...

Living Life...

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

June – The School Year is Finally Over…

We started the month off with another much-needed camping trip. This time our friend Cory came along with us.  Unfortunately, the weather was not as nice as it was the previous weekend, but we still found periods that it didn’t rain to enjoy a campfire…and we had plenty of things to do to occupy our time and areas to go to get out of the rain. 

This weekend was a lot more relaxing… not only was it only adults… but we opted to go out to eat for dinner, so we only really cooked a couple meals back at the campsite.  We went to the local pub in Pe Ell for dinner which not only had really good food but was a lot of fun.  We got to know some of the locals and really connected with the owner’s daughter who was running the joint.   She even brought her family out to the property on Sunday before we left and are planning on visiting more often in the future. 

We had lots of laughs throughout the weekend, time to relax, we played games, enjoyed the fire, watched ducks and ducklings on the lake, enjoyed the campfire, ate delicious food, and had great conversations.  The weekend passed way too quickly and before we knew it was time to head home so Chris could get ready for his mission trip to Haiti and I could get ready for work for the week since I had an early morning IEP meeting. 

We ate some good food at the local bar in Pe Ell... 

Relaxing in the morning... 

Enjoying the campfire (and no rain for awhile)...

So fun to see the ducklings... 

Brunch was delicious... 

Love me some time with Sarah... 

Heavenly Spot... 


So peaceful... 


Enjoying breakfast out last day... 


Cribbage, Ice cream, and Tator Tots... 


The following weekend was the last weekend Matthew and I had before my parents came home so we decided to spend it alone.  We got dressed up and went out for a date night to Red Robin.  We were surprised to see Jimmy and Karen there with the family celebrating Abby’s graduation from college, so we visited with them for a while before heading home to watch a movie and spend a relaxing evening together. 

Red Robin for some grub... 

Enjoying our date night... 

Congratulations to the Graduate!

Fun to visit with the whole Finnestad Crew... 


On June 13
th, I went back to church in person for the first time since the closure last March.  It was so good to be back in person and see everyone.  Matthew wanted to go but had a hard night, so he wasn’t able to go with me. I still went though since Abby Ross was having Bentley dedicated.  It was such a special occasion, and I wouldn’t have missed it for anything.  After the service, I was able to visit with a lot of people that I haven’t seen in over a year.  I didn’t realize how much I had missed the fellowship.  A lot of people had returned today because the mask mandate was finally lifted so it was like a big party at church…!





Lifting up the families in Prayer... 


Abby's Support Group... 




June was an exhausting month… of course there were a ton of doctor appointments like normal (the best appointment was finally getting my dental implants put in, so I had all my teeth again) … but school was hectic because of Covid-19.  I am usually done with IEPs in February but this year I had one that was due in June… that one turned into 4.  The student that I requested be evaluated last year right before the Covid-19 closure was finally able to be re-evaluated, which meant I had to do another IEP for him.  Plus, the district finally came out and told us we had to offer recovery students for those who needed them.  We focused on those graduating this year.  I had two students graduating that needed recovery services, which meant I had two more IEPs I needed to write.  Plus, at the beginning of the year I had to amend IEPs for my safety net students and now I have to re-amend the IEPs to prepare for in-person learning in the fall.  So, in the end, I had to write 4 IEPs, amend 3 IEPS, close out 1 IEP, and do progress reports for all my students.  This was on top of creating lesson plans, teaching students, covering for paras when they were absent, and other meetings.  One day I ended up being at work for 12 hours because of graduation.  To say that I was burnt out by the time school ended was an understatement… and school didn’t end until June 25th… and the last week of school was absolutely BEAUTIFUL with the weather in the 80’s-90’s. We were even able to sneak in a surprise retirement party for Mike (at his house) the last Wednesday since we didn’t have OT/Speech groups with the students.  This was an insane year… But alas we are FINALLY on summer vacation. 

First meal with my new teeth... 

Peace amongst the chaos

Insomnia got the best of me... 


I even went to work early and did my Bible study... 


Mike's surprise retirement party

What a great time we had... 

Mike and his wife... 

In the midst of the chaos, my parents came home from travelling around the USA for the last 10 months.  We had a family gathering to celebrate my Mother’s Birthday and Father’s Day at my sister’s house on the Saturday.  Keb’s parents were in town, so it was quite the party.  The food was delicious, and it was great to see everyone… unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures of the event. 

We finished off the month with a long-awaited event… Andrew Kimble finally got married 😊 and to a wonderful woman.  It was such a joy to see Andrew and Corrine married.  I don’t think they realized they would be married in the middle of a heat wave in Washington in which the weather reached over 100 degrees over three days in a row (and broke records… even reaching 118 in Maple Valley the following Monday).  Thankfully, the venue wasn’t too unbearable, and we were all able to enjoy the event.  It was the perfect start to summer break. 


Andrew watching his bride walk down the isle... 

Such a beautiful ceremony... 

What a special day for the family... 

Presenting Mr & Mrs Andrew Kimble... 

Visiting with friends... 

First dance... 


Special entertainment... 


Even the bride joined in the fun... 

So happy for them... 


It was the perfect day..!

No comments: