Living Life...

Living Life...

Monday, May 31, 2021

May – Life doesn’t seem to slow down…

As I reflect on the month of May, there are so many things that happened… many of which I didn’t take pictures of.  One thing that I have enjoyed more than anything is to be able to start doing my Bible study on the back patio again.  I love it when the weather starts getting warm enough to go outside and enjoy God’s creation while studying His Word.  Every chance I get I have been doing my quiet time outside… some days I have been enjoying a few visitors which has been fun.

Quiet time outside... 

My Holiness Prayer...

Matthew and Kitty visiting me on the back patio... 


I looked up to see a deer watching me... 



Loving my study time and worship music... 

One thing I didn’t mention in my April Blog is that the only thing I asked Matthew for my birthday was for him to find someone to power wash the deck for me this year… I have been so busy I didn’t have time to do it, but I wanted to be able to enjoy the patio… so our friend Cory offered to do it since he was spending the weekends at the “Maple Valley Retreat Center” as he likes to refer to our house.  He not only cleaned up the back patio but did a ton of work around the house.  I am super grateful for all he has done for us.  


Cory power washing... 

Work has still been crazy busy… creating lesson plans, teaching online classes, evening meetings.  Going into the office has helped me to have a little more structure though and not work late into the night every day.  I have been more focused on getting off the computer when they day is officially over (unless I am getting paid to work the extra hours).

I have also been able to spend time with friends and family that I have not seen in a while.  One day I went to watch my niece play Lacrosse and then went out to lunch with her and my sister.  It was so fun to spend this time with them.  The following week, I delivered my Aunt Sandi’s birthday present and then spent a couple hours at her house visiting.  The following day, I was able to see friends I went to church with I was younger… most I haven’t seen since I was married (some it’s been even longer).  It was so fun to reconnect with them in person instead of just on Facebook.  I didn’t realize how much I have been missing in-person interactions.  Even the opportunity to see people at work has been so uplifting after a year of “isolation” to some extent.  


Working in my office... 

Of course, just like every month there have been some difficult times during the month of May.  It has been fun of medical appointments.  Life gets busy with all the appointments and sometimes can be a little stressful.  Some of the appointments have been good ones as they have been working on Matthew’s prosthetic.  I can’t wait until it is finally finished.  Unfortunately, Matthew’s primary care doctor is leaving town, so we had to find a new one.  We have an appointment in July with one she recommended so we are hoping for a great relationship with this new doctor.  It is always hard to start over with a new doctor especially with how complicated Matthew’s medical issues are. 

Mother’s Day was another difficult day for me.  In November, my hopes of restoring a relationship with Shane anytime soon were crushed… which was hard to process and made Mother’s Day even harder. I know God is in control and I know that I am not the only one who hurts on this day, so I tried to remember to pray for others suffering… while at the same time praying for Shane.  As much as I love him, until he is ready, I need to keep a distance for my own protection. 

As I mentioned, Matthew’s friend Cory has been coming over to stay with us on the weekends.  He claims that it is relaxing even though he spends half the time doing work around the house.  It has been nice for me since Matthew and Cory have been cooking on the weekends which gives me a break 😊  We also have been doing some fun things together.  One day, we drove up to Greenwater and went shooting for the first time in forever.  


Matthew is in heaven... 

Trying out his gun... 


Cory trying out the guns... 


Memorial Day weekend was much needed.  Matthew and I LOVE going camping… we usually go camping with some of his friends over in Naches but this year we decided to go with the Dellicker’s to their property in Pe Ell and it was definitely worth the traffic we endured on the drive down. 

The weekend was absolutely perfect, and the weather was beautiful the entire time.  I was finally able to meet her friend Teresa and her kids.  The kids had so much fun playing together throughout the weekend and us adults had a great time visiting around the fire.  I enjoyed every minute of the weekend.  We even had a chance to go check out Rainbow Falls which was just down the road from their property. We enjoyed a slow stroll through the woods along the river and ended the adventure with ice cream from the Tin Snug. They have the best ice cream… one of my favorites being Apple Pie. 

We had such a great weekend that on the last day we decided to come back the following weekend without the kids (since they would be with their father).  Matthew and I even left our trailer for the week since their property was so secluded and safe.  On Monday, we stayed until after 7pm so that we wouldn’t have to deal with traffic on the drive home.  It was so worth it since it made it the drive half the time as the drive there with traffic.  It made it for a late night… before having to get up early for work but the weekend was just what I needed.  


Loved the lights around the pond... 

Mason splitting wood for our fire... 


Chris and Sarah did all the cooking... 

Enjoying my mate... every morning...!


Playing chubby bunny... 


Enjoying the first smore of the season... 


Chris showing off his ability to split wood... 



The kids all wanted to split a row of wood too... 



Loving on their mama!

Mason and Teresa around the fire... 


Enjoying a movie together... 


Sibling love... 

Deep in conversation... 

Matthew waking up to coffee... 


Kids enjoying a scavenger hunt... working together...!


Finally found the prize in the middle of the pond!


A romantic boat ride... 

Until Chris was left behind... 

The kids spent hours in the boat... 

Rainbow falls... 


Walking through the woods... along the river..!



Enjoying some ice cream... 

Blessed by the Dellicker's!

No comments: