Living Life...

Living Life...

Friday, April 30, 2021

April – A much awaited month…

April was a mixed month for me… it was super busy at times, but I also had time to relax.  There were a ton of doctor appointments for Matthew and a couple for me this month.  Matthew FINALLY got approval from L&I to replace the socket on his prosthetic… he had it for about a month before he had surgery that changed the size/form of his arm and made it unfunctional… so after a year they were finally able to start working on it again. 

Work was also extremely busy since Jay Inslee announced that all school districts had to offer in-person education to students.  At first, I was not going to return in-person, since all my students were opting to stay online but after the district offered an incentive for those going back in-person, I decided to return to the building to teach online.  😊  So, now I work in a tiny office in the building Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and run my online program like I did when I was at home.  We also had to switch the schedule to all in the morning… so that took so rearranging.  On top of all the crazy changes, I had a ton of evening meetings, weekend meetings, and now I have extra lesson planning to do since my co-worker is teaching in-person every day and no longer leading the online class once a week. 

Thankfully, there was also time to relax.  Before all the craziness began, we had a week off for Spring Break.  I did work a couple days to prepare but I took most of the time off. Matthew and I went out to celebrate at Red Robin for my birthday.  It was the first time in a LONG time since we had been to a restaurant… I think since the summer… so it was nice to go on an actual date.  

Date night with Matthew

Getting my free Red Robin Burger...  Yum!

Spending extra time in the Word..!

The following week, I took a couple of discretionary days off since our long-anticipated marriage retreat had finally arrived.  We had planned to go last year but Covid-19 shut down everything and Cannon Beach Conference Center had to close down.  Unfortunately, a few of the couples that were going to go with us had to back out, so Matthew and I had to find replacements last minute… but God is good, and we were able to fill all the spots and it was a blessing to all the couples that went. 

We were able to take everyone out to dinner the first night at Camp 18. It was so fun getting the group together since Matthew and I were the only ones that knew everyone that came.  It was definitely a mix-matched group, but we all got along so well.  We made it back to the beach just in time to watch the end of the sunset… which of course is one of my favorite times… 


Driving down to Cannon Beach...


Loved the decorations at dinner


5/7 of the couples came to dinner with us... so much fun



Sunset at the beach... 



On Friday, a group of us drove down to the Tillamook Factory.  We toured the building and of course bought some goodies.  Unfortunately, they were not giving out the free samples because of Covid-19 restrictions but it was still fun.  Afterwards, we met back up in town for lunch with a few couples.  


Matthew got me breakfast in the morning...


Touring the factory... 



Friday evening the conference officially started… it was so much fun.  Matthew and I made sure to spend time visiting with each of the couples as well as time alone.  The speakers were amazing like always and they have so much material that you always learn something new… Matthew and I have a lot of homework to go over for the next couple months.  Of course, I was able to get a picture of all the couples throughout the weekend.  It went by too quickly and before we knew it, we were heading back to reality… but it was such a blessing and I hope we can do it again. 


Enjoying some ice cream after the evening message... 

Aaron and Jennyfer Tibbets came up from Florida... 

Chris and Sarah Dellicker... 

German and Mariah Sand

Matthew and I

Len and Bev Staley (The Newlyweds)

Bill and Michelle Denney

William and Emily Denney

Of course we had a campfire on the beach... 

Matthew wasn't up to going though :( 


We had to get our girls picture of course... 

It was so much fun spending the weekend with Jennyfer... 


We always take a picture from the balcony... 

Getting some chocolates and taffy before heading home..!

No comments: