Living Life...

Living Life...

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Staying busy… even “stuck” at Home…!

 At the beginning of the “quarantine” I remember thinking… I am going to have so much time to get things done… of course this was never the case.  In the Spring I filled my schedule taking classes to go up to the next pay raise. Summer was filled with trips with Matthew (Florida and camping) and my sister’s wedding.  Now the fall has been filled with learning how to teach online and lots of appointments.  

Since everything was shut down with covid-19 in the Spring, we didn’t have a chance to do some of our regular appointments like eye exams and dentist appointments… so, I started playing catch up now that we were back home from our summer fun. 

Of course, taking care of Matthew also takes a lot of time… with the new complication of a broken foot on top of all his other health issues, I started making dinner.  Matthew also enjoyed cooking so it was a rare occasion that I would cook so I had to start learning some new meals so we would have a variety to our menu. 

I would have to say that work took the most time… I spent way more hours than a typical workday trying to stay on top of everything… I was setting up meeting with parents so we could meet the needs of each of my students, meeting with para-educators, setting up daily meetings with my students, creating materials and activities for my students, leading class every day, planning for those classes (which takes a lot longer when you are having to teach online) and so much more.  Thankfully, I was given 15 extra paid hours to compensate some of this time…

Enjoying Cheese Cake from the parent of my new student... whom I've met at the building various times to get her supplies for her son. 

My Mom's cat peeking at me as I work on my computer... 


Because I have been so overwhelmed Matthew decided we needed to get away for the weekend… my next blog will be about our last-minute trip to the ocean!

One of the things I enjoyed the most during this crazy time was my time in the Word… it was the only thing that kept me centered and sane.  Part of my study was focused on the book of Psalms… it is always refreshing to read through the Psalms.  I also was studying through the book Choosing Forgiveness which has been very convicting.


Doing my study on Choosing Forgiveness... 

Reading through the Psalms... 

No comments: