This week I have spent many days drinking mate in the morning while
reading my Bible and listening to worship music. I had a couple nights where I could not sleep
so I would just get up and start my quiet time early… I think it was God’s way of
motivating me to get my priorities back in focus. I have had some good times with Him in the
quiet mornings when no one else was awake… while I cannot promise I will be waking
up as early once work starts back up… I don’t want to skip this habit of having
a daily quiet time with the Lord.
Since Matthew isn’t feeling well tonight I decided to just stay
home with him and reflect on the year. I
closed out my 2018 budget and finished preparing the budget for 2019… and then
I spent some time in the Word.
In one of my devotionals, “Good to Great in God’s Eyes” by Chip
Ingram there were a few quotes that stuck out to me tonight. Todays reading was about rejuvenating your
faith… which as been my theme this week.
The first quote is, “One of the quickest, easiest ways to
rejuvenate your faith in in the area Jesus emphasized most frequently; your
finances”. This past week, I have been reminded
about how faithful God has been to provide for our every need… He has been so faithful
even when we were dirt poor living from paycheck to paycheck… not always having
gas money to drive to church. We watched
God provide for us faithfully because we trusted in Him and never withheld our
tithe. In fact, Matthew is one of the
most generous men I know… and he has taught me to not hold onto money so tightly
but to give generously to those in need.
While I have a lot to learn in this area… I can look back and see the
blessing of obedience throughout the years.
The second quote that stuck out to me was, “In order to
rejuvenate our faith, we must practice faithfulness in the small things and
ponder the big things while we remember the main thing; pleasing God.” Far to often we try to please God by doing…
but His Word states that we please Him by having Faith (Hebrews 11:6)… and our actions
come as a result of that faith.
Our faith grows as we ponder God’s faithfulness and take small
steps of obedience… that is my desire this upcoming year. I want 2019 to be a year of Growth and obedience
to the Lord… one small step at a time..!
My first step of obedience is going to be to love my husband
well.. so I am signing off and going to spend the remainder of 2018 with
him. May God bless you all in the
upcoming year..!
Morning quiet times = worship music, mate, and Bible study...
Preparing for the New Year..!
Happy New Year... May 2019 be a year of Growth and obedience..!
No comments:
Post a Comment