Living Life...

Living Life...

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Sweet Times… with my Girls!

These past couple years I have been so busy with school, work and taking care of Matthew that the one thing that I do fun on a regular basis is hanging out with my D-Group girls.  These girls have grown in leaps and bounds in the last year and I feel like I am just along for the ride. 

This year we started off the year going through the Fruits of the Spirits.  The girls would come each week ready to talk about verses about what the Bible says about Fruit we were talking about for the week (Love, Joy, Peace… ).  Lately, we have been going through the Dave Ramsey study for youth.  The girls are learning a ton about how to be responsible with their money and how to make wise choices.  This is coming at a critical time as half of our group is graduating this year. 

Throughout the year, we have also been meeting with all the other high school girls.  Each time we meet one of the group has taken on the responsibility of leading the lesson.  Tonight was our time to lead the meeting so we divided up the responsibilities for the evening based on the students gifts. 

I was able to get together with Sabrina and Izzy ahead of time to prepare the message they were going to share.  I love watching them take over and sharing what God has placed on their hearts.  Sarah of course was nominated to read the passage out loud to the group.  Erica and Jordyn took on the role of making snacks and man did they raise the bar.  


Valentine Day Snacks... Yummy

Izzy Ready to lead the lesson... 

Erica is quite the artist... 

Sabrina and Erica sharing the Word... 

No comments: