I wasn’t able to
complete as much as I wanted to do since I came to a place that I was waiting
on others before I could move on… so I ended up taking time off after Christmas
to relax… Matthew and I were even
able to sneak away for a couple nights to Poulsbo to see our friends
again. We were able to get together with
Bev for lunch on Thursday and spend two nights with Howard and Linda.
It was a lot of fun
to just escape for a while, but the trip was cut short when we had to come home
to help out a friend. I know God has a
purpose in everything… and that He works all things for the good… but sometimes
during the midst of the trials it is hard to see what He is doing. I was reminded that we need to take time to
see the blessings and focus on those. My
heart has been heavy these last few days… and I have been on my knees in
prayer. It has reminded me of the movie War
Room… because some situations can only be won through the power of God.
Matthew and I ended
up going over to Sarah’s house on Sunday night around 9:00 pm… we had a
relaxing evening hanging out with Sarah, Chris, and the kids. Chris made a delicious steak meal for us and
then we toasted with the kids and sent the off to bed. We played Apples to Apples until the real countdown
and then hung around visiting until sometime around 1:30… It was just what I
needed tonight… a small group of people to hang out with and a stress-free night… I can not wait until I graduate and have more
time to do stuff like this…!
Mason enjoying the food...
Watching the "New York" countdown on YouTube...
"Happy New Year"
Mason loving the fireworks..
Sweet Lily...
Celebrating again at Midnight...
First Picture of the year... 2018
Chris & Sarah... toasting in 2018
No comments:
Post a Comment