Living Life...

Living Life...

Monday, December 25, 2017

Celebrating the Christmas Season…!

I was not surprised that as soon as my break started from CWU that I ended up getting sick.  It seems like every time my body relaxes from all the stress it under I get sick.  Thankfully, I never had a fever and had the weekend to rest so I didn’t have to miss the last week of work.  I then took time to rest during my two weeks off work. 

Before getting sick I did enjoy an evening out with my co-workers since Haley came into town.  It was my first time going out with anyone from work, so it was a lot of fun to be able to relax and visit.  I also was able to connect with the women at church since I found out that a couple of good friends from high school were back at Faith.  They convinced me to go to the women’s event on Saturday morning.

I started the beginning of my official break hanging out with Sarah.  It was a much-needed time of visiting and hanging out in her hot tub.  It does not happen often enough… since we are both busy with school, work, and family life.

The first week of my break I spent working on IEPs, reading about the edTPA, studying for another West E test, putting together my NTASC notebook, and just trying to get as much done as I can to prepare for next quarter.  There were also a handful of doctor appointments that we had to take care of. 

On Christmas Eve, Matthew and I cuddled in bed for the big game… of course, I was the only one watching the game.  He was trying out his new virtual reality glasses which help him to travel the world from our house… The Seahawks won the game and kept their playoff hopes alive for one more week.  

Enjoying the Seahawks game... at least I am :) 


Matthew and I slept in on Christmas morning and then opened the gifts that we got for one another. We chose not to get much this year since we had so many other expenses.  

Celebrating a "White Christmas"

Matthew's Stocking


Seahawk Gifts... from Matthew...!


Loving my new clothes... 


Soon after the family arrived for the day.  We decided to take our family pictures outside since it was our first white Christmas in years.  The pictures went quickly since we took them right away and then the kids went outside to play in the snow while the teenagers opted to stay inside with the adults.  

Kim, Amanda, & Elizabeth... 

Jimmy, Karen, David, Abby, James, Josiah, Aliya, & Jonathan


The "Cousins" photo in the snow

Dad & Mom

Uncle Chuck joined us again... 

Posing with Matthew once again... 

Playing in the snow... 


We had a relaxing day of eating, playing games, opening gifts, visiting and just enjoying one another’s company.  It was David’s first time hanging out with the family and he fit in as if he had known us for years.  The sun had set before everyone left for the evening… it was a great day. 


Dinner time... 


Time for presents... 


Everyone enjoying their gifts... 

Enjoying a game of cards... 

My Favorite Tradition: Birthday Cake for Jesus...!

No comments: