Living Life...

Living Life...

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

One Last Meal…

Soledad was stuck in the hospital for a couple of days, so I went and spent Saturday afternoon with her to keep her company.  She was sore from the surgery, but her spirits were up.  I think the hardest part was that in Argentina the regulations are different when the baby is in NICU.  While the parents can go visit the baby more regularly they have strict visiting hours (either once or twice a day depending on the day) for other visitors.  Only parents, siblings and grandparents are allowed to visit the baby in the NICU so other than my brief meeting with Ciro yesterday I didn’t have a chance to see him again.  Maxi of course took lots of pictures for me.    

On Sunday, I did last minute shopping for groceries, so I could I prepare lasagna for the family.  They love my lasagna in Argentina and so every chance they get they want me to make it… I think it is funny how much I crave the food in Argentina, yet they crave one of my traditional foods.  Of course, I picked up milanesa for dinner since everything is closed after church and I wanted a good dinner for my last meal in Catamaca.  Thankfully, Soledad was out of the hospital, so she was able to join the family lunch and didn’t miss out on my lasagna.  

Norma serving the lasagna

Valentina sure enjoyed the food... 


After lunch I had to pack up my bags, so I would be ready to head to the bus station on time.  I spent the rest of the afternoon laying around the house visiting.  Norma gave the message at church.  She has such a passion for God… I love hearing her share what God has been teaching her lately.  At the end of the service they prayed over me and my return to Washington.  It was sweet time.  

Norma sharing a message... 

It was hard to say goodbye but at the same time I was so ready to get home to Matthew.  While my time in Argentina flew by quickly I missed him like crazy…!  The bus ride to Cordoba went by quickly since I slept almost the entire way but the layover in Cordoba was super long… I waited at the bus station for about six hours and then waited at the airport the last six hours.  In Buenos Aires, I had a fancy dinner of noquis by myself while talking to Matthew on video chat.  Before we knew it I was back in his arms… I only have a couple days until school and work start back up for the year.  It is going to be a crazy year..!

Last minute hugs with Carolina... 

Saying goodbye to my "grandchildren"

Splurging at the airport...!

No comments: