As my previous blogs
have shown we did a ton while in Mexico… our church was busy sun up to sun set…
or even later. Our days were filled with
serving one another, serving the people of Mexico, and most important serving
God. We had amazing times of worship and
messages that were impactful.
A lot of the messages
about missions and how everyone is commanded to be involved in the great
commission were reminders to me of what I learned on previous trips. They helped to spark a renewed desire to live
a missionary lifestyle wherever God has placed me. I loved watching others here this message for
the first time and now wrestle with what it means for their own life.
I think the biggest
impact that Serve had on me was a continuation of what He had began before my
trip. I was going through a study called, Brokenness: The Heart God Revives. It was in Mexico that I realized how hard my
heart had become… and how empty I felt.
I struggled with this for a couple days before I finally admitted it to
Matthew and asked him to pray for me. I
continued to struggle with it for a couple more days before I really felt God
starting to peel away the outer layers. I
came face to face with my own pride… I came face to face with how much I had
been trying to do in my own strength… I came face to face with my need for
God. By the end of the trip I was
willing to open up and tell a couple of the girls about how hard my heart was
and that I needed to be held accountable as their leader to keep my
relationship with God at the forefront of everything.
I know that life is
about to get crazy… which is why I have been working hard to organize as much
as I can before school starts back up. I
am getting caught up on my blog… cleaning and organizing the motor home… my
bathroom… my bedroom… my clothes… paperwork… everything I possibly can. I want to start this new season prepared and
as ready as I can for whatever lies ahead.
But most importantly I want to start with a fresh dose of the Holy
Spirit living in me. I know that without
God I can do nothing… I want to remain in Him and allow Him to fill me up daily…
hourly… constantly. He is my hope, my strength,
my peace in the midst of the storm… my everything.
Working on my Blog...
Quiet time in my Casita
No comments:
Post a Comment