Living Life...

Living Life...

Monday, January 11, 2016

Welcome to 2016 – Lots to celebrate

Matthew and I traveled over to Spokane to celebrate my grandmother’s 90th birthday on January 8th.  It is crazy to think that she is 90 years old already.  Although it was a quick trip over I had a lot of fun visiting with relatives and catching up on life with my family.  The official party was at my cousin’s house where we had a potato and salad bar (Yummy)…

Matthew loves hanging out with the kids at the parties... 

Grandma and 4 of her boys... 

Happy 90th birthday Grandma... 


Unfortunately our trip was cut short since I had to be back at the church for a meeting on Sunday..!  Of course, it was a meeting I was super excited about… it was our first Serve 2016 team meeting.  Serve 95 was my very first mission trip ever.  It changed the course of my life forever and my whole outlook on life.  It was because of this trip that I fell in love with missions and understood the concept of having a missionary lifestyle no matter where you live.  I cannot wait to see what God does in the lives over everyone going on this trip… especially since my brother and niece Abby are coming along. 

Of course, there is a lot of work and preparation that goes along with any mission trip.  I have the honor of being able to use my gift of administration and discipleship during this preparation phase.  Thinking about it brings joy to my heart.  Please join me in praying for Serve 2016 and the team heading down from Faith Church.  

Serve 2016 Team... 

No comments: