The High School girls have been begging us to do an
overnighter at the church so Cami and I decided to figure out our schedules and
put one together. Of course, we had to
work around homecoming dances and other activities but we were able to find a
Friday night that worked for us.
During the mid-week Bible studies times made the girls help
with the planning process… which they didn't complain about of course. It ended up being a smaller group of girls
but it was an excellent night. These
activities aren't just fun but a great way to bond with the girls.
Enjoying dinner... Cami cooked of course
Cami had a brilliant idea of inviting some people to
teach a self-defense class to the girls.
Not only did they learn how to be aware of their surroundings to prevent
an attack in the first place but some moves to help them escape. They had a blast practicing their new
skills.
Learning to be aware...
Practicing their moves...
I am sure one of the high lights of the night for the
girls was the dance party we had. Every
one of the girls joined in the dancing and was able to relax and just have fun
together. I was actually surprised that
even the quieter girls joined in the dancing.
Time to Dance...
Afterwards, we had ice cream sundaes before playing a
couple rounds of “Sardines”… a game which one person hides and the others have
to find her… they then have to hide in the same location until the last person
finds the group.
Yummy Dessert
Group Photos... what a great group of girls.. .
I joined the group photo...
Finally, we settled down for popcorn and a movie sometime
after midnight. They voted on which
movie they wanted to watch and then set up the room for sleeping and being
comfy for the movie. I didn’t make it
through the whole movie before I crashed.
Voting on the movie.. .
It was a great night of fellowship and fun. We are looking forward to doing it a couple
times a year.
No comments:
Post a Comment