Those who know me know that I am a passionate person. First
and foremost, I am passionate about my relationship with Christ. Of course, I am also passionate about my
family and friends, Argentina, discipleship, missions, and sports. There are
many other things I am passionate about but these are the first ones to come to
my mind.
In regards to sports, I am not a fair-weather fan but I love
my sports teams whether they are winning or losing. This football season was by far one of the
most exciting ones I have ever experienced.
So, although I was sad to see Natalia and MIrko leave, I was also exited
to spend that same day watching football.
Matthew and I were invited over to one of our friends’ house
to watch the game… Mariah and I met at a
youth rally many years ago. We are both youth leaders but at different
churches. Over the years we would spend
hours talking at various youth events… mainly because we were connected in our
love for both youth and Argentina. She
married a man from Argentina and my heart is from Argentina. We often talked
about getting together and that finally came to pass when we found out we both
also LOVED football.
The first time we went to her house was to watch the 49’s
game… and man oh man it was an exciting game.
I walked the entire game in-between eating and cheering. The food was delicious, the company enjoyable
but the game trumped it all.
Matthew showing Soraya and Lionel his arm...
Mariah all decked out...
Celebrating with Mariah..!
Enjoying the game with Matthew..!
Celebrating the win..!
Anti 49's cupcake..!
Of course, we had to return two weeks later to watch the
Superbowl. Even though we dominated the
game and it wasn’t as nail biting as the previous one we still had a blast and
the company and food was still amazing.
We celebrated every score (except for the one that Denver scored since
we were rooting for a blowout). Thinking
about the Superbowl still brings a smile to my face. I am a 12th man to the very
end. Go Seahawks..!
Back for some more fun...
The food still makes my mouth water..!
My little buddy.. he calls me "Tia" :)
German y Mariah
Matthew and Me...
Chris (Fuego) joined us for the Supebowl Game..!
Cleaning up the football cupcake Matthew spiked in celebration..!
We dominated the broncos..!
Enjoying the game... but not wanting his picture taken..!
Way to Go Seahawks..!
Although, I am going to miss football the rest of the year, I
look forward to more times of getting together with Mariah and her family. Matthew loves cooking and visiting with
German. It is like having a small piece
of Argentina close to home. I am
definitely looking forward to next season… and enjoying more games with them
too.
No comments:
Post a Comment