Living Life...

Living Life...

Friday, December 21, 2012

December – Christmas Festivities all month long…

December is a month of celebrating all month long.  It includes getting all dressed up, decorating the house, baking goodies and spending time with family. Matthew and I aren’t really big into the whole decorating part of Christmas so we decided to go off of Shane’s wishes.  When he said that he wanted a tree up for Christmas we got it out and put it up for him.  To me Christmas is more about spending time with people and remembering the gift of salvation that we have through Jesus.  


Shane all dressed up - Looking good

I put the tree up... Matthew and I put on the lights...
and Shane did the rest..!

Ready to knock down his decorated tree... 


Shane decided he didn’t want to decorate cookies with his cousins this year so he spent the afternoon catching up on his science homework and preparing for a test.  I was bummed that he wasn’t around to enjoy the gingerbread houses but I was able to enjoy my nieces and nephews as they spent the afternoon decorating and filling up on candy.  Of course my sister and parents were able to make their annual peanut butter balls which we all enjoy eating.  We also had some non-sugary crafts for the kids to work on afterwards which the kids had fun with. 


Annual cooking decorating time... 

Kim making the Peanut Butter Balls.. or wearing them..!

My Father always helps with the process... 

Amanda's finished product... full of candy and sprinkles

Abby of course was more focused on designing a house... 

Crafts which became hair pieces... 

Jonathan trying the finished product... YUMMY..!



Even at work we were able to celebrate the holidays on the last day of school.  Since it was the 21 it was also the end of the Mayan calendar and considered the end of the world.  Rumors were going around that a student was going to bring a gun in light of all the other shootings taking place and how the world was going to end anyways.  We had high security at school this day with cops, extra security, locked doors and no one was allowed in the halls during class time.  So, we pretty much locked ourselves into our classroom and had a party to celebrate.  I of course was anticipating the end of the day which was only a half day since Matthew and I were leaving town to celebrate our anniversary before the year ended.  

No comments: