We decided to have a low key Christmas this year. Since we were already going to be on the
other side of the water before Christmas we stopped by to visit Matthew’s
grandparents and Mom the week before after celebrating with our Bible Study
group.
My brother and his family arrived on Christmas Eve so I went
to pick them up at the airport. They had
already done Christmas with their family so Christmas morning started later
than usual as we all slept in. We had
Shane open his presents from us before the rest of the family showed up.
Shane with his stocking stuffers...
Shane's new Bible Cover
Shane with his new youth teen Bible...
Matthew with his morning coffee
(He did get couple presents on Christmas morning... a poem that I wrote and a gift card for a date night with me... the rest he got early since he needed new clothes pretty badly!)
(He did get couple presents on Christmas morning... a poem that I wrote and a gift card for a date night with me... the rest he got early since he needed new clothes pretty badly!)
My Grandma and Willie made a quick appearance as they do
every year. Since our family is too big
to get everyone together at one place and we all got too busy to do so they
rotate houses so they can see all of the families.
Willie, Grandma, Mom & Dad
We were smart and took pictures once all of the families
arrived this year. Waiting until the end
always ends up in multiple children being grumpy and not wanting to take the
pictures. This year we took one with my
parents and all their grandchildren for the first time… before I got married I was
the one that always took one with my nieces and nephews but now that I have my
own family I passed on the tradition to them.
Matthew, Shane, and I
All 13 Grandchildren from 3 to 13..
Jimmy, Karen & the Fabulous 5
Kim, Dan & Girls
Jeremy, Maria & los hijos
My Parents with all their grandchildren
After eating lunch/dinner the cousins were able to hang out
and visit while Matthew, Jimmy, and Dan went out for their new tradition of
getting coffee on the Holidays. Of
course, after they left we realized we should have done presents first since
the kids did not want to wait patiently for them to come back. Thankfully they were able to entertain each
other long enough and before they knew it… it was time to open their “cousin”
gifts. We had them open presents from
youngest to oldest so Shane was the last one to open his present. Of course a major part of Christmas this year
was money towards our family trip to California in April which we are all very
excited about.
Chillin with Jaydan... what a cutie..!
Shane with his cousins.. they just love him..!
Israel was the first to open a present...
Shane was the last...
Besides my parents that is..!
The rest of the evening was spent grazing on leftovers and
playing games. We did the traditional
pinochle game of course and James once again joined in on the fun. It was definitely a relaxing day and I am very
grateful for my family and how everyone gets along to make the Holidays an
enjoyable time.
Of course we stayed in town all week to spend time with my brother
and his family. Matthew headed back home
on Thursday to see some friends but Shane and I stayed through Sunday. We were able to get together with the cousins
various times not to count the fact one family was staying at my parent’s house
with us.
After church on Sunday we all headed over to Jimmy and Karen’s
for lunch and football and a last minute party with the extended
relatives. I don’t remember the last
time we planned a party around the holidays for the extended family but it was
a lot of fun to get part of my Mom’s family together for a couple hours. It was even better that the Seahawks one the
game. Unfortunately I was too busy
watching the game and visiting my Aunt Devona to get many pictures of the group
but I do have the memories to last awhile.
Jimmy, Kimberly, Dad, Mom, Me & Jeremy
Aliya and Elizabeth just LOVE Israel...
The cousins hanging out...
Amanda and Abby are now cheer buddies...
Shane... ready for some alone time I think..!
Cuddling with Aliya during the game... (commercial break of course)
Aunt Sandi & Mom
Maria and Grandma visiting
The younger kids taking advantage of a pool table to themselves for once..!
No comments:
Post a Comment