Just when I thought things couldn't get any crazier I was
proven wrong. A lot has happened but I
am only going to touch on the major points... or at least the ones I am willing
to share J
I had my orientation on the 16th and started work
the very next day. Of course with
subbing one never knows where they are going to work from one day to the
next. The recommendation was to be open
to subbing at any school in any program.
I of course was open to this and was able to find a job every day the
first week. Unfortunately, many days I
had to wait for the early morning wake-up call which was not my favorite. But it has been good to start working again
and know that I am making an impact on the lives of children.
The following week Matthew ended up back in the hospital
after going back to the specialist for a follow-up appointment. The surgeon realized that his infection was not clearing up and wanted to do more tests to determine what was going on. The only way to get approval for the MRI and
other testing was to admit him back into the hospital. Thankfully he didn't have any more abscesses
that needed to be opened up but his hand was still infected big time so he
ended up in the hospital for a week on IV antibiotics. Upon release he was to be on IV antibiotics
for another 4 weeks. We finally were
able to see the infectious disease specialist who had requested that Matthew
stay in the hospital for the whole 6 weeks of IV antibiotics but since the hospital
released him she decided to keep a close eye on his blood levels. After our visit with the ID specialist we had
one more confirmation that Matthew needs to get his arm amputated.
Thankfully the week that Matthew was in the hospital was
conference week and there wasn't much work for me so I was able to spend most
of the time in the hospital with him.
The nurses rather enjoyed watching me walk laps so that I could
accomplish my 20 miles a week walking goal.
We ended the month starting our new mid-week small group
Bible Study. We are meeting with a few
other couples to study the book of 1 John.
This is the first time Matthew and I have been a part of a small group
study and it is refreshing that we are not having to lead the group but can
give input into the discussion. I look forward
to the friendship we develop and the growth and support that we receive from
this group.
Of course, we are still working full-time with the youth
group at church which has been a lot of fun and great in helping us interact
more with Shane. Life is busy, a bit
insane and exhausting at times, but we are leaning heavily and on the Lord and
getting our strength from Him.
Shane with the boys in their fort...
Of course the girls... WON..!
No comments:
Post a Comment