Living Life...

Living Life...

Thursday, May 31, 2012

May – Graduation but not quite finished…

Although I was able to “Graduate” in May with most of my classmates I was not quite finished with my online classes.  Matthew, Shane and I headed down to Portland on Thursday for the festivities.  After spending a couple hours at my classmates, we went to a celebration dinner for the graduates.  The food was excellent and I loved listening to the speaker who had come over from Africa to study at Multnomah years ago.  On Friday morning Katherine and I both skipped the awards chapel ceremony.  Instead we stayed at her place to visit and relax while her friends helped prepare the food for the graduation party on Saturday. 

Matthew’s mom and my parents were able to all come down for the graduation ceremony.  It was a blessing to know that my dad was doing better and able to make it.  Before the ceremony started I was able to visit with a couple of my classmates who were also walking and catch up on their lives.  




This pictures captures my desire: Teach God's Word

Celebrating with my family... 




Thankfully, the graduation ceremony wasn’t too long.  The guest speaker was Luis Palou who was also a former student of Multnomah.  He gave an encouraging message and motivated us to live out what we have been learning these past couple years.  Katherine and I were then pleasantly surprised to find out that we were being recognized for Delta Epsilon Chi which is for intellectual achievement, Christian character, and leadership ability.  It was a high honor of us as only 10 students received it from the whole graduating class.  Soon we were done and out celebrating with our families once again.  


Luis Palou - Guest speaker

Katherine and I being honored

The highest honor - for both of us.  

Showing off my awards... 

I graduated... Matthew was an honorary student 

Katherine and I - We finally made it..!

Christy came to celebrate with us... 

Matthew's support is what got me through it... 

Thanks for coming Mom & Dad


After our parents left we decided to celebrate as a family.  Matthew, Shane and I went out to dinner before heading over to the Koehlor’s for the rest of the weekend.  It was nice to just enjoy a meal together in honor of my graduation. 

We had a blast with the Koehlor’s that weekend.  Matthew and I enjoyed visiting with Duane and Deanna while Shane enjoyed playing with the boys.  We were even able to go to Lindsey’s desert theatre on Saturday night.  We stayed the weekend so that Matthew could speak at a couple churches about the prison ministry in Malawi.  Before heading home we also were able to get together with Matthew’s uncle and his family for lunch.  All in all it was great weekend but packed full of activities.

Of course, since I walked early I was swamped with homework when we got home.  I did take a break the next weekend to get together with Sarah and Michael for dinner.  Shane entertained Zach while us adults were able to visit.  It was definitely a much needed visit for all of us.  


Matthew sharing at Dee's church... 

No comments: