The first week in March Matthew and I drove down to Portland
for a celebration dinner with my cohort at Multnomah. After two years of studying together we were
finally finished with our classes. We enjoyed
a delicious dinner and a time of fellowship with our spouses. I wasn’t going to attend this dinner since
gas prices were going up and draining our bank account after driving down each
week but my classmates were so generous to give us some money to help with the
gas. I am glad we were able to attend
and I even received an award for the highest GPA. Of course, even though I no longer had to
drive to Portland that didn’t mean my classes were over. I still had three online classes to complete
before I completely finished with school.
Most of the cohort... missing a few random ones
The group I spend every Thursday for two years with...
We stayed busy all month helping out the neighbors… while
they adjusted to a new job and a month of internship to finish up a nursing
degree. Thankfully the boys were really
good for us and Shane enjoyed having them around more often to play with. It definitely made for a crazy schedule of
juggling all the various activities and still making time for homework.
Four of the weekends were packed full of activities between
doctor appointments, mega-cooking, prison ministry meetings, birthday parties
and a wedding. We had the opportunity of
celebrating both Amanda and Aliya’s birthday this month which meant I got to
see my family twice. The wedding was
down in Portland so once again we took the 3 hour trip down to see my classmate
get married. He was the last one from
our cohort to get married before graduation.
God is good, there were three of us who started the program single and
we all got married before graduation day.
Shane also go to see his Mom for the first time since August. He had been missing her so we decided to stop
by on the way from Portland so he could spend a couple minutes with her.
How many ladies can fit on one couch?
Amanda was super excited to get a DS from Mom & Dad
Opening more presents...
Kim's cheer cake for Amanda
Matthew trying to get the candles first...
A couple very tired girls...
The boys and their games...
I got him to take a picture with me..!
No comments:
Post a Comment